Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Murano CC, when closing the passenger door both with top up and top down the window sometimes hits the frame, causing small scuffing on black frame. I am more afraid of the window breaking. I have had it into the dealer and they claim it would not duplicate? Anyone else have this problem and able to resolve it? Also had a rod break in the top, fortunately the extended warranty paid to replace.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Could you post a picture of what part of the frame the window hits, I am confused on this one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Murano window

Sorry, but I could not get the picture to turn in the attachment. This is the passenger side window, about 1 out of every 10 time you close the door the window (which has lowered when door opens) hits the rubber and upper part of the frame / panel. It is scuffing the paint and I am afraid that one of these times the window is going to break. I have seen other murano cc's with this same scuff mark always on the passenger side. It happens both with top up or down. At first I thought the window was not lowering but that is not the case. Any suggestions? THANKS.:

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Interesting, Mine has not done this but from what i see it looks like a window regulator issue causing the window to come up at a rear ward slant versus straight up and down.
have you let the window down about half way and try to move the window forth and back to see if it moves which it really should not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2011 Murano CC, when closing the passenger door both with top up and top down the window sometimes hits the frame, causing small scuffing on black frame. I am more afraid of the window breaking. I have had it into the dealer and they claim it would not duplicate? Anyone else have this problem and able to resolve it? Also had a rod break in the top, fortunately the extended warranty paid to replace.
YUP, I had the same exact issues.

My top had a frame fracture and I also had my side door window glass hitting the frame.

My car is a 2014 still under factory warranty, and the dealer saw that the edge of the glass was hitting the frame on both sides. It actually made a nasty sound which is why I brought it in since I feared the glass may shatter. The edge of the glass was slamming against the frame every time i closed the door. The dealer realigned the glass so that it no longer hits

I also had the top rail that fractured and broke replaced under warranty. It was the rear frame behind the rear passenger seat that cause the top to collapse a bit in the rear corner.

Dealer told me there was a TSB on the fractured piece and they replaced BOTH sides of the frame even though only one side broke, so apparently nissan is aware that these frame rails are prone to break.

BTW, The top is manufactured by MAGNA for Nissan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
window

After 3 times to dealer they were finally able to get the problem to duplicate, they took door panel off passenger door and under rear passenger window and aligned both, so far so good. Extended warranty did not cover the repair, but I guess cheaper than the glass breaking at an inconvenient time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same thing on the drivers side, and like you, sounds like the window could break. My solution is to lower the rear drivers side window slightly and no more hitting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the same thing on the drivers side, and like you, sounds like the window could break. My solution is to lower the rear drivers side window slightly and no more hitting.
Dealer was able to fix, said the window was out of alignment

1 - 10 of 10 Posts