Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what kind of deals people have been getting on the murano. Meaning, how much over invoice have you paid?

I am gearing up to purchase one, and i wanted to see if i would be able to deal for one a little over invoice, or if they are not going for that little yet.

I know it depends on the dealer, but in general it would help give me a better frame of mind of what i might have to pay.
I live in CT.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Murano Deals

Check out www.carmax.com. They sell Nissans in DC and South Carolina and they are averaging around 2200 off MSRP. They show the MSRP and their price on the site and have several Muranos listed. I saw one recently as high as 2880 off MSRP. I don't know how much over invoice these numbers are, but I can say for a Japanse vehicle, I am surprised they are automatically taking that much off without making you work for it, especially considering its a new vehicle and there are many dealers not taking anything off and trying to charge over msrp.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i got an email from a dealership and he immediately started off with a 2200 discount off of MSRP! i didn't even ask. all that i asked was if they had a particular murano i was looking for. by the way, i live in the bay area.

·
Registered
82 Posts
it was stevens creek nissan. but, i first went to carsdirect.com (i think-or some car service search engine type site) and filled out a form for my nearest dealership to contact me about it. i'll look for the email tomorrow when i get to work and copy it for you.

hey, go to capitol nissan and test drive it on 87 towards downtown. then come back on monterey expressway. or go up and down 87 and monterey! it's a good course to test the suspension/handling/ride.

·
Registered
72 Posts
buying smart

Buy near the end of the month. The dealer is usually anxious to make it's monthly quota so prices are better. I bought my Murano through the Fleet/Internet Dept and it was easy. Got mine for 900 under MSRP (back in late Nove just after they came out) with what I wanted. Good luck and call several dealers and play them off against each other.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: buying smart

hey tukmol, this is what they offered me at Stevens Creek Nissan emailed on 2.6.3...

Doc here from Stevens Creek Nissan. I just wanted to say thanks for the e mail. You said you were looking for a SL AWD ?? I do have them here. I have to ask, what would hold you back from the purchase this month??? I will give you the break down for the price as we speak. This will be good until the end of the month. Prices can go up...
MSRP is 30339.00 I can sell you this Murano for 28326.00 Not much mark up in the SL. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you...

Regards, Doc.

Doc Whitmore
Fleet & Internet Sales Manager
The Internet Team
Stevens Creek Nissan
4855 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Direct Toll Free 866.272.6206
Fax 408.983.2613

...this was his first offer! already over 2k off MSRP!
no, i didn't take it (if anyone is wondering).

oh yeah, and i'll second that. the best time to buy is at the end of month/quarter. found out that nissan didn't sell more than january '02 but for nissan/infiniti as a whole they did better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I am happy owner :) of new Murano SE AWD. I think I got a good deal from Rosenthal Nissan (Gaithersburg MD). I got the SE with the Popular and Cold package for ~32K. The salesman I dealt with is Harpreet Singh (301-670-3900 ext 209). He was great. Let me drive as many vehicles as I wanted. Even let me drive one of the SE's home for a couple of hours while they were appraising my trade-in. I drove both the SL and SE and decided on the SE. On top of the great price, they have a special deal where if you buy a car from them they will give you a cruise for 2. Hope this helps.

Glfingbug :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
i just got this today from boardwalk volkswagen.....

Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Length: 364
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
Content-Type: text/plain

I have several Murano's that I am offering 3% over the invoice price. Please let me know what you are looking for so I can let you know if we have in stock. Call or email for info.
=======
Darin Sparrow
General Sales Manager
650-599-5701

all i asked if there were having any sale going on this week!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the great input everyone.
it seems that nissan may be having some trouble moving the murano's.
although they usually do have good deals, if you ask just right :)
Anyway, i got about a month till i will have my down payment togother,
i just can't wait.
hmmm still gotta pick a color.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i don't think they are having problems selling them. i think it's just bad times in the economy. i read a report that nissan's january sells in 03 were less than january 02. which is great leverage for the customer!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Egads!! I bought two Nissans from the idiots at Rosenthal in Gburg. Never again. I am getting a Murano for $500 over invoice up the road in Frederick without the hassle of the Rosenthal type salesman. Glad you had a better experience than my wife and I!
glfingbug said:
Hi,

I am happy owner :) of new Murano SE AWD. I think I got a good deal from Rosenthal Nissan (Gaithersburg MD). I got the SE with the Popular and Cold package for ~32K. The salesman I dealt with is Harpreet Singh (301-670-3900 ext 209). He was great. Let me drive as many vehicles as I wanted. Even let me drive one of the SE's home for a couple of hours while they were appraising my trade-in. I drove both the SL and SE and decided on the SE. On top of the great price, they have a special deal where if you buy a car from them they will give you a cruise for 2. Hope this helps.

Glfingbug :D
:roll:

·
Registered
719 Posts
SE AWD Sheer Silver/Charcoal Leather
Popular Pkg
Cold Pkg
Dynamic Control Pkg
Navigation
Towing Pkg
Floor Mats
Splash Guards
MSRP $38,592
Invoice $34,624
Price $35,813 +TTL
3.4% over invoice
7.2% off MSRP
Ordered 2/15. Delivery expected within 60 Days

Easy deal, using the quote I had from CarMax ($35k) as a starting point. First dealer came in at $36,125 and the second one got the order at $35,813. The more I thought about flying out to DC, driving back 800 miles, hotels gas, 2-3 days off work, etc. the $400 bucks I would have saved disappears quickly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got an SL AWD, Silver/Black Leather with:
Premium Package
Leather Package
Sun Roof
Dynamic Control Package
Cold Package
Splash Guards
Carpeted Floor Mats
Cargo Area Protector

MSRP = $35,631
Invoice = $32,037
Paid = $31,905

Bought it in New Jersey, if you need refs, please feel free to email me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi TopDog,

Sorry to hear about the bad service at Rosenthal :( I actually ended up paying $700 over invoice. That's because I went through the Costco service. But, like I said Harpreet was pretty cool and was very low key. I don't think I'll take it back there for service. I had a lojack installed there and went to pick up my car afterwork and of course there service dept is closed. Turned on the car and the airbag was flashing. Guess what :twisted: had to take the car in again the next day. Couldn't leave it there because no way of getting home. The service guy's explaination was that the ignition might have been on during the install and could have drained the battery and triggered an "error"(CEL) in the computer resulting in the flashing light :?: They cleared the error and the light stopped flashing. I personnaly don't believe they know what happened or why. Please let me know if Frederick got better service dept!

TopDog wrote:

Egads!! I bought two Nissans from the idiots at Rosenthal in Gburg. Never again. I am getting a Murano for $500 over invoice up the road in Frederick without the hassle of the Rosenthal type salesman. Glad you had a better experience than my wife and I!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Funny thing...

I actually have had really good service from Rosenthatl over the years. My wife and I work right across the street and it is convenient for both our Acura and Nissan. Jenkins, in Frederick, has also given me great service. In Frederick, the service is a bit more personable than at Rosenthal, but it does depend a lot on the service writer. Rosenthal has a much higher turn-around in personnel than does Jenkins. You might want to give Jenkins a try, depending upon where you live.

Thanks for the info on Costco. My wife just asked me about Costco's price compared to what we got. that put her mind at ease, but $200 on a $35+K car is nothing.

Maybe when there are a few more Muranos in the area, we can have some sort of Murano outing for adventures in on-roading.

glfingbug said:
Hi TopDog,

Sorry to hear about the bad service at Rosenthal :( I actually ended up paying $700 over invoice. That's because I went through the Costco service. But, like I said Harpreet was pretty cool and was very low key. I don't think I'll take it back there for service. I had a lojack installed there and went to pick up my car afterwork and of course there service dept is closed. Turned on the car and the airbag was flashing. Guess what :twisted: had to take the car in again the next day. Couldn't leave it there because no way of getting home. The service guy's explaination was that the ignition might have been on during the install and could have drained the battery and triggered an "error"(CEL) in the computer resulting in the flashing light :?: They cleared the error and the light stopped flashing. I personnaly don't believe they know what happened or why. Please let me know if Frederick got better service dept!

TopDog wrote:

·
Registered
1 Posts
got one from Rosenthal Gaithersburg, MD. paid $27900 on a SL 2WD with premium package. tax and destination not included. did i pay too much?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts