Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
we have just put a deposit down on a 2010 Murano diesel and should be collecting in a week or so.

Could anyone tell me the engine code for this car? I thought it was a YD25DDTi high power but a few things I have read online have made me doubt this.

I also can’t seem to find much decent info on the Auto box. Could anyone help me here please?

Thanks very much
Matt

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Sometimes that information can be found on a placard attached to the underside of the bonnet.

·
Administrator
9,841 Posts
Hi All
we have just put a deposit down on a 2010 Murano diesel and should be collecting in a week or so.

Could anyone tell me the engine code for this car? I thought it was a YD25DDTi high power but a few things I have read online have made me doubt this.

I also can’t seem to find much decent info on the Auto box. Could anyone help me here please?

Thanks very much
Matt
Perhaps someone here knows if the "auto box" in the diesel version is the same CVT found in the gas version....?

If so, there are many discussions about it on this forum. The Series II Muranos (yours is one) seems to have a less fault-prone CVT than the Series 1.

·
Premium Member
Oct 2010 Ti Australian Model (Manufactured Japan)
196 Posts
Perhaps the Top Gear review by James May about the Murano will help.
There are many web sites that will give the specs of the Mo, or use the VIN number, there might even be something stamped on the engine that you can decode?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps someone here knows if the "auto box" in the diesel version is the same CVT found in the gas version....?

If so, there are many discussions about it on this forum. The Series II Muranos (yours is one) seems to have a less fault-prone CVT than the Series 1.
Thanks. I believe the diesel gets a standard 6 speed auto not the CVT. Just no sure which one it is? I’m guessing the same one used in the pathfinder and Navara but I may be wrong

·
Administrator
9,841 Posts
Thanks. I believe the diesel gets a standard 6 speed auto not the CVT. Just no sure which one it is? I’m guessing the same one used in the pathfinder and Navara but I may be wrong
If so, IMO you came out ahead. I like the conventional transmission.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I believe that YD25DDTi high power is the correct engine code.

I have owned diesel Murano about two and a half years. I would also need more info about the automatic transmission and how much torque it can hold because I am planning to remap this engine.

Br

·
Administrator
9,841 Posts
Hello,

I believe that YD25DDTi high power is the correct engine code.

I have owned diesel Murano about two and a half years. I would also need more info about the automatic transmission and how much torque it can hold because I am planning to remap this engine.

Br
I think the answer to your question is unknown. If you have the CVT, all the evidence here suggests you NOT add power or torque to the engine. If you have another transmission not available in the US, I doubt we can help you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts