Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rear-seat cup-holders...

Rear-seat cup-holders...my nemesis...

Help! What can I do? I have spilled chocolate milk for the third time...this time, though, the stench is so bad that I need a $200 detail + shampoo. I already shampooed it at carwash, but it just made the smell worse. Bye-bye new car smell, huh?!? Yuck!

I hate the cup-holders, especially rear-passenger access. Ideally, I would like to bore two cylindrical holes into the rear center armrest, re-upholster them and add a stretchy-mesh bottom...but that would be quite a major undertaking.

Anyone have any ideas, or other car's accessories/brands that will fit somehow, or a link to after-market sources?

I've also tried to modify several Pep-Boys-type of cupholders, but to no avail.

I have a 7 year-old who can't quite reach waaaaay down to get a cup from the puny stupid holders that are placed behind/below the center console.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. :3:

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Wheel Info

The stock rims have the following specs:

18" diameter
7.5" width
5x4.5" (5x114.3mm) bolt pattern
35mm offset
66.06mm hub size

·
Registered
202 Posts
hI Enforcer, nice FAQ, just to update.

MO sold in Costa Rica, base price US$46K (leather, AWD, no bose, no nav)
Full size spare tire.
4 speed Automatic Transmission, NO CVT!!
all comes with cargo net.

Thnks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great FAQ. I've had my Murano for eight months now and just now found out that I can roll down my front windows with my Key Fob. As soon as I read it I didn't believe it, and went to the garage to test it out. Sure enough, it works. This car never ceases to amaze me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi, Enforcer,

Firstly, thank you *very much* for all of the excellent info that you have posted on the site. Your hard work is definitely appreciated and I have learned a lot from this great site.

This message is IN NO WAY trying to denigrate your work but I just thought that I'd pass along some info.

In the "Murano FAQ" thread which you started, you break down the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) of Muranos.

Your first breakdown states that "JN8" denotes the code for the Murano.

Actually, the first digit, "J", stands for the country of manufacture, in this case, Japan.

Other examples:
"1" = United States of America
"2" = Canada
"K" = Korea
"W" = Germany
(those are the only country codes that I can remember, off the top of my head)

The second digit represents the vehicle's make, in this case, "N" represents Nissan.

Other examples:
"T" = Toyota
"G" = General Motors
"F" = Ford Motor Company

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I-285MURANO said:
sgtrich: I noticed on the late model Toyota Corollas, the vin starts with "1N" does this mean North America?
I285-

VINs are standardized. The first character is the manufacturing country code. The second is the car manufacturer code.

A VIN starting out with "1N" would be for a US-built Nissan. A Toyota would have a "T" in the second field.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the FAQ, just picked up a Murano SL AWD this afternoon and love it...but I'm a bit confused/intimidated at all the settings/controls.

Your FAQ really helped get me started, thank you. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Storing Key Fob Memory (2006 Murano)

Early in this thread, Enforcer excerpted the manual on storing key fob memory.

The way the 2006 manual is worded, it seems to say that each key fob can keep its own seat/mirror adjustment memory, so that the car identifies the driver and sets the seat/mirror adjustment automatically. But when we tried (and tried, and tried...) to set each key fob to its own seat/mirror memory setting, it didn't work.

We asked the dealer about this, and after reading the manual, they agreed with our interpretation, but they could not get our two key fobs to keep his and her seat adjustment memories. We gave up, and forgot about it years ago. Besides, it's easy just to push "1" or "2" seat memory button on the door.

But now I'm wondering, maybe we (and the dealer) didn't program it correctly? Anyone know if you really can set dual seat/mirror adjustments on two different key fobs?

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Early in this thread, Enforcer excerpted the manual on storing key fob memory.

The way the 2006 manual is worded, it seems to say that each key fob can keep its own seat/mirror adjustment memory, so that the car identifies the driver and sets the seat/mirror adjustment automatically. But when we tried (and tried, and tried...) to set each key fob to its own seat/mirror memory setting, it didn't work.

We asked the dealer about this, and after reading the manual, they agreed with our interpretation, but they could not get our two key fobs to keep his and her seat adjustment memories. We gave up, and forgot about it years ago. Besides, it's easy just to push "1" or "2" seat memory button on the door.

But now I'm wondering, maybe we (and the dealer) didn't program it correctly? Anyone know if you really can set dual seat/mirror adjustments on two different key fobs?
Check out this link:

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/61-general-discussions/1722-memory-settings-linking-remotes.html

-njjoe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great informative thread, especially for the newbies like me to the Murano world.

Is there a list of the differences between the different trims, i.e. S, SL, SE?

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Is there a list of the differences between the different trims, i.e. S, SL, SE?
No, because it varies by model-year.

-njjoe

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quote:
Q What is the black plastic tray thingy with screws in the left storage compartment?
Unquote:
I have a 2005 MO and have looked everywhere for this "thingy".Cant find it. Which storage compartment is mentioned here? Is it the one on the door? My MO is right hand drive. I am just curious because its allways nice to find something new in my car that i didnt know of. Its like opening a present. WOW!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Quote:
Q What is the black plastic tray thingy with screws in the left storage compartment?
Unquote:
I have a 2005 MO and have looked everywhere for this "thingy".Cant find it. Which storage compartment is mentioned here? Is it the one on the door? My MO is right hand drive. I am just curious because its allways nice to find something new in my car that i didnt know of. Its like opening a present. WOW!
The storage compartment is in the trunk (or the "boot" for you right hand drivers) - there are two small bins in the floor to either side of the spare tire compartment.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
29 Participants
Doepie
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing