Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love my Murano, but one of the fears I have is the possibility of Nissan not doing the Murano any more after some year, leaving the Murano as a one time model, with no continuity (unlike the Pathfinder, Frontier, etc). I know the Murano is still selling very well and more and more people buy it, thus it will really be a bad move from Nissan doing such a thing.

But one thing that makes me OPTIMISTIC as some of you may already know, is that Nissan is introducing the Murano in Europe this year. The same thing from the exterior and some changes in the interior. It will be a bigger bad move for Nissan to discontinue the line or changing the design any time soon. What would the people in Europe who bought a Murano would think about a car that in just on or two years from introduced (in Europe) got discontinue or changed.

Any opinions?

Any one knows how has be the selling in Europe?

·
4,601 Posts
Car manufacturers are in business to be profitable (except GM). If a product is selling well, and you're making money from it, it's sheer stupidity to cancel it. If it's a liability for some reason, as it's not selling well, or is dangerous, or has a lot of failures that consume all profit with warranty repairs, you cancel it, not expand it into the european and japanese markets.

The Murano's profitable for Nissan. It's going to be around for quite a while. You know it's successful with all the Murano clones being built by other manufacturers.

Don't worry about it, it's not going away any time soon.:D

·
Registered
781 Posts
jaak said:
Car manufacturers are in business to be profitable (except GM).
Now, that's funny.

I don't see the Murano going away any time soon. Maybe redesigned - which even that will be a few years out.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
even heard the rumor that ....

GMTURBO43 said:

Now, that's funny.

I don't see the Murano going away any time soon. Maybe redesigned - which even that will be a few years out.
I hear a rumor that nissan will even have 2007 Murano hybrid version. It will use the same hybrid technology in Toyota hilander.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: even heard the rumor that ....

SugarRushMurano said:
I hear a rumor that nissan will even have 2007 Murano hybrid version. It will use the same hybrid technology in Toyota hilander.
That is all we need from Nissan...More technology and little know-how....:confused:

·
5,244 Posts
Sugar,

something for you - I read that Lexus new LS will have 8 cylinder, 400 BHP (or 500, do not remember) engine and 100 BHP electric motor! Now we talking real performance hybrid!

·
4,601 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:

Now, that's funny.

Yeah, funny in a hurts kind of way... When I look back at all the great GM products I've loved in the past, and the mess they're in now, in the present, it sucks.

I grew up in GM cars. 59 Caddie Fleetwood, 62 Olds, 64 Buick Electra, 69 Olds Delta 88, 72 Olds, then my Dad finally got something else. Have to admit, it was a sad day when he sold the Caddie. I was 15 and wanted it so bad... Especially since I figure it came out around the same time I did! The Electra was cool until my brother and a friend took it out for a joy ride and got airborne with it, lodging it between two trees. Took three tow trucks 4 hours to get it out. He was lucky he wasn't killed and his friend who talked him into it and was driving, became a cop. (Remorse?)

Liked the 69 Olds as well.

I heard a radio show talk about the "Big Three" automakers no longer being GM, Ford and Chysler, and now being Toyota, Honda and Nissan.

Dont think the Murano's going away any time soon.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The Murano has been as successful for Nissan as the Highlander and Pilot have been for Toyota and Honda. I don't see those companies dropping those models anytime soon, so neither will Nissan.

I would envision the next model Murano would receive enhancements in performance (onroad) and interior refinement, but the formula has been successful so far, why mess with a good thing.

·
Registered
781 Posts
GM has made some really bad choices in the last decade or so (probably longer if you really want to think about it).

I've come from a long history of GM owners. When it came time for me to buy MY first new car - I really really really wanted to like a GM product. I didn't like what they had to offer. It didn't meet our needs. I ended up with a Murano.

If I had my way (with no input from my wife's needs/wants) I'd have a G35 Coupe. If I was to purchase another SUV (which is lilkely) I'll look at the FX35/45. We've had great luck with the Murano. I just wish the service from the dealer was better.

·
4,601 Posts
When GM went Front Wheel Drive, things started to slide. I was never happy with the products.

Oh, I forgot the 81 Caprice my Mom had, as well... But at that point, I didn't ride in it, I was driving my '72 two door Newport, which was longer and wider than her caprice. It amazed me that they made a two version of a car that was over 18 feet long. I bet there was more steel in one door than the entire Murano.

But the old GM's and even the newer RWD ones, I still liked.

Looking at DC's success with the 300, Magnum and Charger, I can't help but wonder if GM will revive a RWD car. They're just so far behind right now, it's going to take them another two years just to get something out the door. It's a shame.

Ford's doing well with the new 'Stang, and of course, the GT has been getting a lot of attention. But I look at the new 500 and yawn continuously.

Now if DC was to actually build a new 'Cuda.... But then again, everytime I get in something else, and then get back in the Murano, I'm reminded of why I like it so much. So I'd never discourage anyone from getting a Murano. I'd just have them check out their dealers service departments. Have a seat, read a magazine and listen to how customers are treated.

Anyway, someone did a concept drawing of what a new 'Cuda could look like.

Attachments

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
And why GM's solstice is selling...

GMTURBO43 said:
GM has made some really bad choices in the last decade or so (probably longer if you really want to think about it).

I've come from a long history of GM owners. When it came time for me to buy MY first new car - I really really really wanted to like a GM product. I didn't like what they had to offer. It didn't meet our needs. I ended up with a Murano.

If I had my way (with no input from my wife's needs/wants) I'd have a G35 Coupe. If I was to purchase another SUV (which is lilkely) I'll look at the FX35/45. We've had great luck with the Murano. I just wish the service from the dealer was better.
GM's Solstice Annual Production Sold, No Rebates - Source
I just think most buyers are impulse buyers ....

http://money.excite.com/jsp/nw/nwdt...=dji&news_id=dji-00022020050704&date=20050704

·
4,601 Posts
Ahh... And don't forget the GM Hummer clones.

·
Registered
781 Posts
With the media hype of how much better FWD is than RWD - I'm surprised that DC has done as well as they have with that platform.

I'd rather have RWD over FWD but many people I talk to (debate with) would rather have FWD because of how good it does in the snow :roll: I don't see it. I'd take RWD anyday.

But it isn't just Dodge doing it. Most European cars have always been RWD.

GM makes me sleepy. Even the GTO - with it's incredible power - makes me sleepy. It looks like a Grand Am. The '05 is better - slightly. GM is discounting cars way too far. The resale is poo.

About the only thing holding value is Caddy, Vettes and a full size truck/SUV.

Oh well...I'm gonna swing by the Dodge dealer and see if they still have the Ram SRT10 :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Ahh - the H2 and H3....

I actually saw an H3 and I liked it. Now...it will never find a place in my garage - but it didn't suck. It still isn't a Hummer - but it'll give soccer moms that extra safe feeling they need in the Urban Outback.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: And why GM's solstice is selling...

SugarRushMurano said:

GM's Solstice Annual Production Sold, No Rebates - Source
I just think most buyers are impulse buyers ....

http://money.excite.com/jsp/nw/nwdt...=dji&news_id=dji-00022020050704&date=20050704

Simply amazing. This car hasn't even been driven by the mags yet and people have already concluded this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. How can people buy something without any knowledge of how it will really perform?

I'd rather have the new Miata (no wait, its called MX-5 now) than a Solstace.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
They are buying the Solstice on Specs and looks.
Ya gotta admit the Looks are killer.
Hate to break the news but there were some folks who bought the Murano in 2002 on specs and looks. That's what you do if you just haveto have the first ones.
The MX5 will out perform the Solstice.
But what most people don't understand is the Mx5 (NOT a new model number BTW) will outperform a Corvette if the course is tight enough.
The HP and TQ is similiar but the Solstice outweighs the MX5 by 400 some pounds.
But I would expect GM to hang a SC on it about year 4 or 5. (Depends on sales)

The last time i looked, the Highlander sells almost three times as many as Murano.

Even if the new highs set recently by Nissan continue on, the Highlander will outsell the Murano 2 to 1.
Consumer Report may not have caught on, but everybody in the industry IMO has figured out just how bad the Nissan dealer network is, and it is hurting sales.

I agree with Z.
The last thing I need is a Murano hybrid.
Then when I get a bit out of warranty they can tell me they don't fix the transmission, OR any of the hybrid things either. Yeah, right.
They need to "tend to their knitting" and learn how to fix the transmissions they currently have (Or develop a Dyn-O-mite trade-in program for factory rebuilt transmissions.) before they bring out more technology.

But I agree that the Murano is not going away in the foreseeable future.
It's a basically good car with great function and looks.

Homer

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
I really, really dislike the look of the new Durangos and Cherokees.

I vowed that the Murano would be the first and last FWD I ever own. RWD is so much better for performance driving! Let one set of wheels do the pushing and let the other set of wheels do the steering. FWD is only safer in the snow if you don't know what you're doing. Actually, what I'd really like is Skyline GTR style, where you have 4 wheels driving rear biased, and 4 wheels steering front biased.

If my CVT breaks out of warranty, and they won't repair it, I'll probably get rid of the Murano immediately and buy something different.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Consumer Reports

A co-worker let me look at their 2008 Consumer Reports auto issue. They spoke of the Murano in past tense. Is the Murano being discontinued? Wouldn't make sense them having coming out with a sharper looking 2009 model.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Never mind

Looked @ the mag again today. I guess because the 2009 is considered a major redesign they didn't include the Murano in the ratings like they normally would have. Too bad - it's one of the best vehicles on the road. :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts