Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched through the boards and found many good references to fog lights, bulbs, etc., but i've got a few clarifying questions.

My MO is an '05 S AWD w/ convenience package (about as bare bones as they come). Two defencies that i'm trying to overcome w/ this model:
1. add fog lights - (shouldn't be a problem w/ help of searches)
2. get that big bulb above the headlight to shine w/ parking lights on (currently only flashes w/ turn signal/hazard)

the problem is that my lights appear to be different that those shown in many of the pics. so, if anyone can explain the differences and potential options, that's be great. My turn signal light seems to be the location of everyone else's parking lights?

Hope the attached diagram of the driver's side lights makes sense:

Item Description Active
1. Headlight Headlight switch ON
2. Turn Signal/Hazard Turn signal/hazard ON <--Here's the bugger
3. Parking marker Parking or Headlights ON (dinky bulb)
4. Parking marker Parking or Headlights ON (bit brighter)
5. Empty (fog) Will install and activate w/ ignition signal

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Yeah I'm with ekaxel - 2 is the parking light, and 3 is the signal light on my 03 SE.

Did Nissan switch it around for 05?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't think it has changed. That's a typical non-HID configuration. #2 is the turn signal (single filament bulb), #3 is a very dim park light and #4 is the amber park light.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Trev said:
I don't think it has changed. That's a typical non-HID configuration. #2 is the turn signal (single filament bulb), #3 is a very dim park light and #4 is the amber park light.
Interesting Nissan has the bulbs pulling opposite duty in HID vs non-HID.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Trev said:
You are right on same on my 03 non-hid.

Janas keep up posted of your progress.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all for your feedback. It sounds like i'm pretty much stuck w/ a non-HID configuration. I don't feel comfortable changing around the functionality of any lights, so i'll probably stick to adding the fogs and maybe upgrading a bulb or two.

The HID configuration looks so much better. Being a motorcycle rider, i'm paronoid about being seen and have my BMW K1200RS lit up like a christmas tree w/ running lights, etc. It's a ashame that the MO non-HID configuration looks like two dinky streetlamps off in the distance.

will post update to my light upgrades when i get them done.

-cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts