Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Murano a gas hog? How much do you spend a week and how much is the gallon in your area? Also, what kind of octane do you put, can you put regular or will it mess it up?

oops, saw similar post, sorry can't delete it

·
My MO's faster than yours
419 Posts
I once got 120 mpg!!!

But I was going down hill for quite awhile. I knew it was coming up so i reseted the empg. I was surprised tho...Arfter 30-40 miles it slowly creped back down to the usual 20-25mpg

anyway..cheapest gas i found in the bay area is $1.99 for regular. I drive alot so I fill up $40 a week. ohh and I always use regular....The only time my Mo tasted Premium was the first fill up from the Dealership!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Considering the size and weight of a Murano, I get good gas mileage, about 22 mpg. I only use premium gas (91 Octane). My fuel bill runs about $55 a week @ $2.37/Gal.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm also getting about 18.5 mpg in city driving. I think that is pretty good for the performance/weight of the vehicle, and the generally heavy foot I have. Certainly better to much better than any other SUVs in its class that I know of.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been getting right around 22 mpg since I got past the breakin mileage. About 19-20 mpg before that. Considering that the MO was a replacement for a Sunfire that got 29 mpg, I am very happy with the 22 mpg.

I have been adding 93 octane @ approx. $2.10/gallon or about $40 per fillup...which lasts me about two weeks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just returned from a trip from Northern California to Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. Averaged 23.6, crossing the continental divide about 6 times and quite a bit of gravel road driving.

Used premium and was very happy with the MO, great road car, greeat gravel road car. Sorry I did not hit any snow.

Ray

·
Registered
7 Posts
Made my first road trip two weeks ago. Northern California to Reno Nevada for the Air Races. 400 miles round trip and averaged 20 mpg. Only 2000 miles on my Mo, so very happy with that. I am still impressed with how quiet the car is on the highway.

Mike Brown
03 Copper SL

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Did a roadtrip of 1,200 miles last week...

and the milage is around 21 - 23 mpg. I am driving between 65 - 85 mph but on cruise control I go at 76mph - that's what the gps said.

My murano uses synthetic oil and plus shell gas, tire pressure at 36psi fronts and 34 psi rears. Two occupants (me and gf) and some lugages.

Overal mpg issue: none. I am really satified witht he murano, it is definetely not a benzin hog.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I only have 1100 miles on my Murano, but I never get more than 15.3 mpg using the 91 Octane gas. Mind you, I mostly drive in a congested traffic. Hoping to get a better gas mileage once the break-in is over.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
It depends a lot on how long your trips are. Even when the weather is warm and it doesn't take the engine a long time to reach operating temperature, short trips kill mileage. My commute is very short - just about 5 miles in the city. As a result I get around 15mpg.

When I had a longer commute in the SF Bay Area, I would get approximately 20mpg combined city/hwy on a 15-20 mile commute.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts