Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to say it but the Murano has been replaced! Bought a 2006 Hummer H3, and love it. The CVT went out at 34,200 Miles, and I decided I did not want it anymore. Sorry Guys!

·
5,244 Posts
Hm, Murano for a brick.........does one know what a car is? What about driving experience? Handling? Ride quality? Steering feedback.........sorry, I am talking to Hummer community...

Enjoy!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
H3 Replacement

The H3 happens to handle very well for weighing almost 6,000lbs. & It rides quite well. And as far as the H2 is concerned I think it rides even better! :p -Mokid

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
repeat hummer

pete and repeat went on a boat ride, pete fell off...who's left???

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
ekaxel said:
A GMC pickup is a GMC pickup is a GMC pickup is a GMC pickup ......
Well there are some people out there who don't know that the H3 is based on the Colorado/Canyon pickup. At least one part of it won't break - it has Subaru climate control knobs.

Not everyone is going to like the Murano either, so they can drive whatever they want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correction...

The only thing that is the same on the Hummer H3 And the Colorado Is the engine, other than that the frame, suspension, and body are their own entity. On the Hummer H3's with the Adventure Package the AWD and suspension are totally different. In fact the suspension has alot of the components from the H2. :2:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Ok a beefed up Colorado platform. I'll give you that. :p

Linky

·
4,601 Posts
I haven't looked at the H3, but I see it as GM's opportunity to go after DC's Jeep line.

Of course, the real Hummer, not the GM clones, was engineered to truly be a performance vehicle and it's that heritage (created from taking the concept of what the Jeep vehicles are and truly updating it for a change) is what the success of fake Hummers (H2, H3) leverage.

It's a different kind of vehicle than a Murano so the only way I can see even putting them in the same group of comparison vehicles, is if you're buying based on eye candy and presence.

My hope is the H3 is truly a competitive vehicle against Jeeps. But it's a different world against Murano or other vehicles in it's class.

I hope GM did a good job. They need the help!!!

What I've seen so far, hasn't made me laugh as much as the H2 does. I love the H1. So far it looks like the H3 is the offspring of the H1 and a Cherokee doing the nasty in a dark corner of a parking lot. It's those Cherokee influences that make the GM version of Hummer, more digestible and clearly target the Jeep Market.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Just saw a review on the H3 and it looked very nice. They even stated how much better it was than the H2 for the average consumer.

But they were only getting 17MPG city/Hwy driving, a year ago this would have been acceptable for me..... but now?

·
4,601 Posts
Well, it depends on what you want. The Murano kicks all three Hummers, if you are buying to drive on the road. And most people that buy off-road vehicles, don't take them there, they're just trying to be cool.

So bearing that in mind, you may as well have real on road performance if that's the case.

But if you actually do go off road, then the Murano's the wrong vehicle. And I mean, really off road, not driving down the fire road to a cottage. I can do that in any car.

I admit, I almost like the looks of the H3. But the fact that it's a GM underneath, scares the stuff out of me. (Once bit...)

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
GM always brings to mind cast-iron block, pushrods, two valves/cylinder, overweight, underpowered (except Cadillac maybe).

But I have to take it back a little on this one except for the underpowered. A 5 cylinder in a heavy truck???

·
4,601 Posts
Corvette. Hey I'm trying...

Besides the 'vettes, there's not been much from GM that I've really liked for a long time.

Liked a lot made in the 60's.

·
Registered
828 Posts
At work three us seem to always park together in this order: Jeep YJ, H3, and my Murano.

Looks like the natural progression of the SUV.:D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
dmako said:
At work three us seem to always park together in this order: Jeep YJ, H3, and my Murano.

Looks like the natural progression of the SUV.:D
Now it would even be funnier if the terrain you parked on was different. YJ on a dirt, rocky space. H3 straddling a large boulder (although I've seen the hilarious video of a 20 year old Jeep pulling an H2 off a rock in a parking lot), and the Murano on perfectly paved asphalt. :D

I noticed a brand new Red Murano S (nice color) in the parking garage the other day and left a note on the windshield telling the driver about the .org. I hope we get a new member soon!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts