Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
crash-

They are claiming the horsepower has been increased by 50% and yet it is still going through the CVT. While that may be great for a one-of-a-kind concept car, it is highly doubtful that the CVT would survive for long under that stress in the real world. The Murano GT-C is simply a show car used by Nissan to bring attention to the Murano. Nothing more.

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
Agree with Joe. I just cannot imagine this sort of power going through the current CVT. "Cooking" comes to mind....:D

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
dosn't look all to dramatic from the outside. but it sure sounds dramatic under the hood :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
You all know that Nissan detuned the 350Z engine to fit the MO CVT transmission because the torque was too high for the belt!!!
Audi has the same problem with his Multitronic.:4:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
that would be great if they mounted the mo's engine transverly like in the z's think of all the upgrades you can do then. WOOHOOOO

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
nissanlove said:
that would be great if they mounted the mo's engine transverly like in the z's think of all the upgrades you can do then. WOOHOOOO
nissanlove-

I assume you meant longitudinal (front to back) and not transverse (side to side). Yes?

If you mount the VQ longitudinally you might as well go all the way and install a manual six-speed and make it rear wheel drive. Now start thinking of all the upgrades you can do. You would have an SUV with the Z's pedigree.

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
There is simpler solution - go and get a FX! It does have engine mounted longitudinal, is RWD and does have Z-pedigree....:D

Oh, and there is plenty of room under the hood of FX35 just waiting for all the mods....:D

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
but not enough room in the cabin for all our stuff haha. thanks for the correction njjoe. i always manage to mess that one up.

·
5,244 Posts
nissanlove

you want room or fun? ;)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
haha well right now we're trying to balance both.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ok, tuff choice~

Room for the chick~
Fun for the ride~

I give up!

NZM

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Having owned a 94 Tbird with a Supercharged 3.8L 6 cyl , and a 4 cyl Turbo Charged Dodge, I agree with you.
The constantly available torque is a lot of fun.
SC for me all the way.

Homer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts