Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
It is nice but it sounds like it would be solely a Nissan UK venture. Like the Honda AC-R (which was a hopped up 6th generation Accord coupe w/300hp created by American Honda), it probably will not wind up in production. :(

But, I would be willing to trade my 02 Maxima and 05 Mo for one of those. :2:

·
5,244 Posts
0 - 60 in 7 sec? It can do 7.5 now! With 340 HP it should definitely go sub 7 sec.....

What about CVT?

I like everything else!!!!

:D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Already posted.

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7157&pagenumber=2

In either case, the CVT limits torque to 265lb/ft, and those 22" rims certainly don't help acceleration! If those rims add 1s to 0-60 time, and its likely, then a 0-60 in 6s would be very quick.

From what I read, only the Road and Track test ever got 7.5s on a Murano, and that was brake torquing the thing. Every other comparison shows the Murano 0-60 in ~8 s.

·
5,244 Posts
Eric,

you maybe right. But did get my Murano 0 - 60 in a tad aboe 7.5 sec. It was in Ds without torque braking. Actually torque braking did not help at all!

If there is still CVT it means computer limits the power delivered to the wheels. In that case I am not interested........

·
Registered
982 Posts
The new Murano GT-C.... maybe I can fly over to the U.K. & DRIVE it back to the U.S. ;)

Looking even more mean and moody than the original picture, the GT-C has been developed in the UK at Nissan's technical centre in Bedfordshire.

It's only a concept vehicle at the moment, but let's hope the GT-C makes it into production because it has a turbocharger to help the 3.5-litre V6 engine realise 335bhp.

This sort of power helps the GT-C see off 0-60mph in seven seconds and head on to 140mph.

To keep up with the performance, this one-off Murano has uprated suspension and brakes to provide handling to match its go.

Finishing off the GT-C's dynamic and stylish look are 22in alloys, while inside a unique black and bronze lacquer is used on the trim.

As well as the Strathspey leather, there's a hand-blown glass gear lever and trinket tray in the centre console in tribute to the island of Murano off the Venetian coast in Italy.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Black Chrome >-----------------

Gonzo said:
Hmmmm I would love to get a hold of that black grill for my MO.
Hey, you could aways get your own grille done in BLACK CHROME .. Nice. :cool:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Gonzo said:
Hmmmm I would love to get a hold of that black grill for my MO.
Gonzo-

I was thinking the same thing. However, I think it would look even better if the Nissan logo was also plated to match the rest of the grille, instead of being bright chrome.

-njjoe

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am not sure but I don't think the Euro version of the Murano got the benifit of the CVT so a nissan GB model is probably a 5 speed auto

I any of you know the show Top Gear a very ireverend auto show on the BBC who hold no punches and will soundly thrash anything they don't like voted the murano as the surprise vehicle of the year even Jeremy liked it

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I'm pretty sure its a CVT in Europe. In the Top Gear (television) review, James May called it a "very clever gearbox" - I don't think they would level the same compliment at a standard slushbox (they are petroheads after all - no flappy paddles....just a real shifter).

Clarkson liked the Murano because it was smooth, roomy, and relaxing. And its stylish.

·
5,244 Posts
Eric L. said:

Clarkson liked the Murano because it was smooth, roomy, and relaxing. And its stylish.
I think it summarizes Murano pretty well....

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The Top Gear review is on Youtube - just search for "Top Gear Murano"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts