Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Nissan Enthusiast
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I am not repeating what someone else has posted...

Iwas looking at this site and they have finally come out with replacement Murano headrests with video in them.

Here is the link:

HEADREST

They come in three leather colors.

What are you waiting for boys (and girls) ....get to it!

·
5,244 Posts
this is a great news! But then again - how can I watch "this" lcd screen and drive?:8:

Sorry, could not resist......:D

for those with small kids it may be a good solution...........

·
Nissan Enthusiast
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Driving and watching a movie is easy. Just take the RGB output from the DVD head unit and pump it to the NAV screen RGB lines. I did it. In fact I dont even look the road anymore. Im trying to set a new record for driving at high speed with peripheral vision.

OK now for those of you who can't decipher that i am being sarcastic just cool down... here is a disclaimer if you feel uncomfortable : DONT DRIVE WHILE WATCHING THIS CRAP.

The only reason I do stuff like this is for my kids. Playstation seems to make the roadtrips a lot more managable.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm kinda new to the mobil DVD picture...but need to come up to par, as my 9 month old will most likely be using this soon. Using the factory radio, how does one incorporate a DVD system into it?

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
generator said:
Driving and watching a movie is easy. Just take the RGB output from the DVD head unit and pump it to the NAV screen RGB lines. I did it. In fact I dont even look the road anymore. Im trying to set a new record for driving at high speed with peripheral vision.

OK now for those of you who can't decipher that i am being sarcastic just cool down... here is a disclaimer if you feel uncomfortable : DONT DRIVE WHILE WATCHING THIS CRAP.

The only reason I do stuff like this is for my kids. Playstation seems to make the roadtrips a lot more managable.

ntm, you'll need a booster to power both screens (a la nav-tv tuner) since the dvd unit alone cannot correctly display on both screens (at least this is so in the fx with the rear widescreen display)

nice image though of you glued to the nav screen, watching your fav. flick!!lol:D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey gen, hope you got a hidden cutout switch somewhere. Just in case a LEO happens to take a peek inside while you have a DVD playing. Having video (DVD, TV, video games) where the driver can see the screen IST VERBOTEN by the US Feds.

I fact, the NAV manufacturers had to, er, lobby hot and heavy to get the Feds to allow NAV screens to be placed where the driver can see them.
Same thing happened with the HUD guys. Had to get special dispensation from the Feds.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Feds

Ummm, actually - its not the feds that prohibit screens in front; its the states themselves. There is no Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard in the Code of Federal Regulations prohibiting such screens. A search of all 50 states, however, demonstrates that all have some regulation that prohibits an operational video screen in front of drivers while a vehicle is capable of operation. Three states out and out prohibit any video screen in the front. Exceptions are made in all states for screens used solely for navigation, rear view or controls information.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought the active headrest restraint system was a funtion of the seat. I was under the impression something in the seat folded or flexed causing the headrest to move forward in an impact. Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
I believe that the active headrest is when an accident occurs the headrest tilts forward. Nothing special, just another selling point. I keep mine all the way forward all the time...nice on the neck!

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey! how did u bypass the speed limiter to go THAT fast?? :30:
How did the MO handle? Was it stable at that velocity?
And last but NOT least, who took the pic while U were at warp-2?
:19:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sorry...............I ment :31:

NOT :30:

forgot to review before posting!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hello N2Muranos,
:23: :23:
How did u take the MO to this speed?????

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Boobaba said:
Hello N2Muranos,
How did u take the MO to this speed?????
I'm betting that his Murano may not actually be going that fast. If he has 20 inch rims I would suspect that the speedo is off a bit and that he is still going extremely fast, but not what the speedo is showing.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Looks like my photoshop skills are pretty convincing.

If you notice, the needle is 180 degrees from "0 MPH"
Just a simple cut, paste and flip the image (with a little clean up.)

It has nothing to do with the wheels because the overall diameter of the wheels and tires is close to the diameter of the stock wheels and tires.

Sorry for keeping you guessing

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
haha...thats awesome! why not get greedy and bury the needle?:2:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I must say nice installs. I like how you have the DVD on the side of the center console. I need to get pictures of my ride up, but I'm not as good as you. I had to pay for all my work :3: Ahh you mechanically inclined people :p

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
TV tuner arrives today (attn N2Muranos)

I ordered the TV tuner from avelectronic.com and it arrives today. They said most people install the unit under the front passenger seat. N2Muranos, I was looking closely at your video selector's install location, but I wasn't certain if you put yours down there, too.

Also how is your tv reception with the antenna inside the rear roof? I was just going to slap it up behind the rear view mirror, but your install looks MUCH cleaner. Finally, with two video outs, I have to consider the replacement headrests (but no kids yet). I'm also considering going with just one headrest and using the other video out to go back to the MP3-playing PC for video conferencing from the car (anyone remember Michael Knight in K.I.T.T.??) I would like to have a tiny swivel camera that I can point at myself or out the windshield for recording short video greetings from the road, recording driving footage, or for video conferencing (via open wireless) while parked.

Imagine recording footage from an in-car or handheld cam of the Rocky Mountains or Grand Canyon and then playing back the footage during a vidcon from the hotel parking lot that night. Or constantly recording the "last 5 minutes" of driving in case you capture an accident in progress (or hit and run) and want to save the video for police. How about for us ham radio ops providing ATV in support of the many public service events we help out at (March of Dimes, Bike-a-thons, marathons).

I only wish the nav display could be pumped to all screens, not just the original one, as it seems like that would be a great way to answer the inevitable "are we there yet?" questions. Kinda like on flights when they show a map in between movies and tv shows.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts