Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving in I70 east from Indiana to Maryland on the 23rd in MO. If i dont recall wrongly, i was on the I70east section that is close to pittsburgh.

In front of me was a toyoya hilander, gmv envoy and a camry. The weather was slightly foggy and misty. The 4 of us, were running around 80 - 90. Hilander seems sluggish when climbing the steep hill. Envoy, well, i think have no problem.
The camry always being left behind.

So after this one climb and going downslope, the camry pass the 3 of us doing more than 100 Mph. (I think the driver just go Wot=wide open throtle). He then raced all the way to the downslope ..and then it happenned. The camry's rear tire slipped, spinning the car 360 twice, hit the hilander's fronts, destroy it headlights and bumpers, and made the hilander to spin.

The envoy did slammed the brake and it stop, barely 3 feet from the rear of the hilander. I was doing 85mph behind the envoy, and it is downhill, it seems that it was to late for me to hit the brake. My gf was screaming... i was praying. I swung the murano to the right side, press the brake. The car responded, went to the side (curb) pretty fast and then i swung back the steering to the opposite direction after passing the hilander. I can feel the tail end of the murano was slipping, and all of the sudden, i gain control (AWD?). My Mo stopped few hunder meters from the camry and hilander.

Got out, run back to the place, the hilander driver were helping the passanger of the camry out. The gmc people, called 911. ..

Overall, what a night. The murano, saved me.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Wow, nice save.

I had one hard braking scenario in the Murano that I don't think I could have pulled off if I was driving something else. The brakes and the handling are awesome in this thing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had the same thing happen. The VDC saved my butt. No way I could have pulled out of the skid myself. Deer ran right in front of me at 60 mph. Slammed on the brakes, wet road, sudden sideways skid. Next thing I know I'm motoring down the road, straight as can be. $700 was a good investment!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's nice to know that even without the VDC that the large brakes and AWD can turn a potentially devasting situation into just a scary memory. It makes me confident to hear other MO owners hairy experiences knowing that if, god forbid, my wife was driving the Murano and something like this happened, she can trust the car to steer out of it.

Murano emergency handling =:claphead:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Glad to hear you are OK. Pittsburgh is definitely not the place for relaxed driving. People around here are nuts!

When it comes to handling: MO Knows! :cool:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Snow MO said:
Glad to hear you are OK. Pittsburgh is definitely not the place for relaxed driving. People around here are nuts!

When it comes to handling: MO Knows! :cool:
I agree with that statement. People from Pittsburgh are nuts!:2:

btw... i live in Cleveland, OH. GO BROWNS!

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Murano_MDX said:

I agree with that statement. People from Pittsburgh are nuts!:2:

btw... i live in Cleveland, OH. GO BROWNS!
That's true...we are nuts, and that explains why I crazily wore a Pittsburgh Steelers jersey and hat to a Browns game in cleveland. I almost died, but I had to show my true colors!
;)

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
hah! Oh my! I think that's why we got rid of him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts