Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, this is my first time writting on your Forum.
I am looking to buy a Murano ( the car i felt in love since the first day I saw) but when I went to check for the prices of the SE AWD here in Geneva the prices seemed very high to me ( 66k-74k CHF) which is (66k-74k CAN$) which when I compared to the prices of my ex Nissan dealer in Montreal, Canada ( from whom I bought my actual 98 Pathfinder ) the price diffrence was almost of a 25k CAD$, is this normal :( , and if any of you have tips of where I can buy the Murano in Europe with a normal price .
PS: Ican't buy the car and ship from Canada and ship it here sinice I already did that whith my Pathfinder and it came out very coastly to me.
Best regards.

·
Registered
42 Posts
According to automotive news site www.just-auto.com:

"BELGIUM: Nissan to bring premium crossover to Europe News 12 Jan 2004 "

the Murano is probably going to appear in the whole Europe end 2004. I think the prices in Switzerland are a rip off, so you'd be better of waiting when Nissan imports it officially there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

I lived for over 3 years in Zug-CH (2000-2003). As a matter of fact I'm planning to moved there again in couple of months.
The prices of cars in CH, and Europe in general are a lot higher then in Canada. I don't believe that official Nissan prices at the end of 2004 will be cheaper then those offered by other importers (http://www.nissanmurano.ch).
I think the swiss law allows you to import the car to CH and register it there as long as you own a vehicle for at least 6 months prior to arrival. the duty and VAT will be waived in this case. You'll still have to pay for registration, inspection, etc.
You can always bring any car to CH and registered it as imported (you'll have a leter Z, as last letter on your plates), without having payng duty and VAT. This "Z" registration is valid only for 1 year, but authorities are fairly flexible and they can extend it for another year. My friend did just that with his Maxima, drove for 2 years on "Z" plates and then registered in CH. Obviously after 2 years market value of his Maxima was a lot lower, so he saved some CHFs.

Now I have a question on my own. I just purchased my "Murano" here in Toronto, and as I mentioned above, I'll be moving to CH again at the end of the year. I'd love to ship the car with me.
- Can anyone point me to the good shippement company, that can deliver cars door to door (trip to Amsterdam to pick up a car would troublesome). Can I rent a container and ship other good together with the car? Any help'll be appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts