Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finance rates stay the same: 3% for 12-36 months and 4% for 48-60 months, as did the leases. Still no customer or lease cash.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
sh!t, i bought mine a month ago and the rate was 6.09! i forget how many months but i wasn't going to drag it out and i intend to pay it off in a couple months...can i go make them give me the lower rate anyways?

·
Registered
62 Posts
shappy0869 said:

Only if you bring a gun.
well then I guess I won't be able to report in for my success, i doubt they offer wifi access in prison.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I think it is a safe bet Nissan will NOT be offering cash incentives on the MO anytime soon. The MO is selling so well Nissan does not need to do offer cash.

-njjoe

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yep...selling like hot cakes! You see MO's everywhere you go and can't help but look and wave to the other driver:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Shappy:

I hate to bother you with this, but was does "MF mark-up allowed" mean? It states "NO" in the 42 month lease column. (Which is currently Nissan's special?) Please forgive me if this is a stupid question - I am strongly considering a lease for the next MO.

Many thanks for your help with the lease info! :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Baby_Ear said:
Shappy:

I hate to bother you with this, but was does "MF mark-up allowed" mean? It states "NO" in the 42 month lease column. (Which is currently Nissan's special?) Please forgive me if this is a stupid question - I am strongly considering a lease for the next MO.

Many thanks for your help with the lease info! :)
As they say, there are no stupid questions.

The rates listed are what are called "buy rates." These are the rates that the bank (in this case Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp) charges the dealer for leasing the car. Usually, the dealer has the option of marking up this rate for added profit. There is usually a limit on how much this rate can be marked up.

Another way to look at it is to put it in terms of buying a car. Consider the buy rate the "invoice" price and the maximum markup as the MSRP. Just as in the price of the car can be sold anywhere from invoice to MSRP, so can the lease rate.

In the case of the 42 month term, NMAC has stated that the dealer can't mark the rate up.

However, the rate can be increased if a person's credit score does not meet minimum levels to qualify for tier 1 approval. In the case of NMAC, that is a credit score of 620. Most other lease companies are not so forgiving, usually requiring a credit score over 700 to get the best lease rates.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Next week we will be discussing the effects of global macro-economic growth on micro-organsims.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Shappy:

I am humbled...and have my pen and notebook ready for the next lesson! :)

Seriously though, thanks so much for the information. This will probably turn out to be my family's first leasing-a-car buying experience. The more I learn, the more confident I feel I will make the right choice.

So, thanks again for your time and the information. It is appreciated!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Shappy:

I hate to be a "nudnick", but can you give the lease info for May and June when available? (expect to buy the car in June - waiting for delivery). I called NMAC and they would not privide the info.

Your information has been both valuable and enlightening. Thanks for all the help!

Baby_Ear :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As the info becomes available, I'll post it. Since the current programs run through May 1st, look for the May programs to come out on the 2nd.

My hope is that Murano sales are down due to rising gas prices and Nissan will want to put lower rates on them to maintain sales momentum.

The reality will probably be just more of the same of what we have seen for the past few months.

Time will tell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently( about a month ago) leased a 2006 Murano SL FWD with leather and sunroof package and got 2.1% with only the first months payment due at signing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts