Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry:

I just got my first auto insurance bill from State Farm.

In NJ, went from $1,450 for my 1999 Jeep to $2,000 for the SL Murano (loaded)

What the??

Anyone else find BIG jumps in their insurance rates?

I was told I went from a "15" on my Jeep to a "23" for theMurano, how the insurance company lists prices.

bites the big one...

Ron

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been told (by my insurance broker) that insurance on new "SUV's" (3 years or newer) are the most expensive.

Right now I have 12 year old Twin Turbo Dodge Stealth and a NEW 'anything' will mean a big jump in insurance for me.

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
High Insurance

My insurance went up a couple of hundred dollars to slightly below $2k a year. I used to drive a BMW 3-series.

I'm surprised that the insurance rate in NJ is higher than in CA. I thought CA top them all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Went up too

Mine went from 1350 on my max to 1600 for the Murano.

Ronzo: Do you have AAA? If so call them, they do insurance and might be able to save you a few hundred $$$.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got it today...

My old car was 11 years old and really not worth anything. Going to the Murano added a "whopping" $110 to my annual insurance bill - and that's with State Farm in Florida! :lol:

·
Registered
180 Posts
cheap insurance -- just move

Wow!! Insurance is expensive south of the border! Other than moving to Ontario, Canada check to see if "Motors Insurance" is offered in your state. Motors Insurance is actually car insurance offered by General Motors. No, you don't have to drive a GM vehicle (obviously, since my Murano is insured with them, as well as my wife's Frontier and my last two Pathfinders) and no, you don't have to go through GM dealerships. The kicker is that they're VERY VERY selective on who they insure. This way, they keep the rates much lower than any other place I've checked. In Canada, they're only available for Ontario; For the US, I don't know -- Detroit, Michigan for sure. They're excellent to deal with (I've had two claims: one for vandalism and one for a f#*@ing hit & run, both on my first Pathfinder, and I had checks in my hand in less than 72 hours.) I have the full meal deal for coverage, with $500 Cdn deductibles, and my premium is only $880 Cdn per year. Compared to my 99 Pathfinder (which the Murano replaced), it only went up $50/year.

I'm 39 and have a perfect record for the past 6 yrs. Before that, I had the two claims I mentioned above (about 10 years ago) and a photo radar ticket that's now 6.5 years old (so it's gone).

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised at only a $250.00 per year increase in CT. A small price to pay... :D My agent told me it had to do with it being a new vehicle with no history not so much the fact that it's an SUV. I also priced a Highlander and it was only $25.00 more a year. Let's hope that next year the rates fall a bit...

·
Registered
117 Posts
ins went down

my insurance actually went down from what i was paying with me 02 Maxima
they said that it was because the maxima was stolen more, since they really have no stats on murano theft.

:D

but of course everyone is gonna wanna try and steal this sweet ride now.

:x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally called the insurance company...right now I pay <$400 for 6 months on a '95 Integra GS-R, for the '03 Murano it would be between $441 - $461 depending on AWD/SE/SL...not a bad increase, considering it's newer by 8 years

·
Registered
34 Posts
jsprechman - How are you adjusting from the integra? I went from a 92 integra GS to the murano. Although I really really like the Murano, the integra was a great car, espcially for all the abuse I put it through. Hopefully the Murano will prove to be just as good.

My insurance on the integra is $328 and $472 (6 months) for the murano which is suprising since the integra is over ten years old.

·
Registered
6 Posts
nachomami - havn't yet bought the murano, but i think i'll adjust just fine. Too many speeding tickets in the Integra so even though I want the g35 coupe, and loved driving it, I'm going to "settle" for the murano, it drives "almost" like a car I felt. Just have to be careful in taking those tight turns i like to do sometimes....the integra definitly does take a decent beating, it's a really well built car - Joel

·
Registered
74 Posts
Around $1800 every 6 months here in Virginia. I'm 19 and my insurance company hasn't seen the crash test reports yet, hopefully it will go down some next year.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I am paying $950.00 a year in PA. I am 26 years old, married, one speeding ticket on my record. That is with 0 comp deductible and 500 for collision. I didn't think it was too bad. It went up $95 from my 01 Pathfinder....

·
Registered
792 Posts
For the first few months we were paying Pathfinder rates because there wasn't any data on the Murano in January '03. It has gone down since then.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts