Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. A proud owner of a 2006 Brilliant Silver SL AWD here. I've been a lurker on this site since I've started the lease on the vehicle in Dec 2005 and just wanted to say it seems I am part of a great community of fellow Mo owners. The collective maturity and intelligence of this forum is very impressive.

An observation I thought was pretty interesting: In my neighborhood in Long Island, where there's definitely a growing number of Mos roaming the streets, it seems the Mos are predominantly driven by women. Although I've never considered the Murano as a "woman's" car (or just a man's car for that matter), I was just curious if this is the general trend in other parts of the country. And if so, why the popularity amongst female drivers? Do women just appreciate splendid aesthetics better than us brutish men?

Maybe we should be calling the Murano a Murana. :D

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
suMO-

Maybe it is because the women buy it simply because they like the way it looks. The men buy it because it has the same VQ engine as the Z-car, it has a ground-breaking CVT transmission, it is well-designed, has 18" wheels, a well thought out interior, it has spirited performance, and... the women in our lives like the way it looks. :D

-njjoe

·
5,244 Posts
suMO

the answer is simple - women always get what they want.....:D we are left with left overs.....like Muranos.... ;)

·
Registered
763 Posts
If your family is like mine, No one is happy unless MOma is happy! :D

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
We only have the one car (Not counting my garage queen toy).
So my wife and I spilt the driving.
I think she probably does more little trips, I probably do more miles.

We both like the looks and performance.
We both would rather buy our next car from some company other than Nissan.

Homer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I guess both men and women are equally interested in the Mo, just women get what the want more often.

Good lesson learned for this bachelor.

·
Registered
26 Posts
After a year and 22k miles, the wife chose to temporarily rough it in a Tacoma Pre-Runner. I finally get to "temporarily" drive the Murano daily and also ran a road trip. The Mo is the easiest of the vehicles to get in and out of, driver ergonomics is a good as one can have. The wife also claims if she has a dress or skirt on, access is not hampered. Oh.. and "she likes the way it looks"... My mom likes it too.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
suMO said:

An observation I thought was pretty interesting: In my neighborhood in Long Island, where there's definitely a growing number of Mos roaming the streets, it seems the Mos are predominantly driven by women. ..
Same observations form me too. Predominantly, women drive MO around where I live.

Both of my cars are driven by women mostly. Perhaps I am more intouch with my Venus side than my Mars' side :D

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Interesting subject line. When I was buying and picking up my new Altima, my wife looked over and saw the brand new just released Murano. Not sure how to pronounce it. My wife said, "I want the Murana." I said, dream on! 18 months later, we picked up the Murano or should I say Murana.
It is the designated family car. She takes it to work, so I guess it is "her" car but come time for local trips or even road trips, I'm driving, so at that time I just let her think it is her car.

Of interest, see this forum, I'd guess 95 percent are male posters.
Yeah, an occasional lady here and there but this message board shows a heavy male influence. Maybe the gals like the car but they just don't enjoy all the gear-head talk. Just an observation.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
bob1 said:
Of interest, see this forum, I'd guess 95 percent are male posters.
Yeah, an occasional lady here and there but this message board shows a heavy male influence. Maybe the gals like the car but they just don't enjoy all the gear-head talk. Just an observation.
bob1-

Interesting observation. But if you go over to www.nissanmurana.org I'd guess 95 percent are female posters. :D

-njjoe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts