Nissan Murano Forum banner

Murano is gone :-(

5K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  GMTURBO43 
#1 ·
Well, after just a 4 month stint, the 04 Sunlit Copper SL is gone. Truth be told, it was a pretty awesome vehicle, but did not meet my family's needs by a long shot as we discovered after a few months of our day to day trials and tribulations.

Guess I should have known. 2 kids, their friends, a dog and lots of our friends and family always around always resulted in taking 2 cars to the same location and compromise after compromise in something as simple as getting everyone to the Animal Park. Plus, if you have ever had 2 car seats in the MO, you know it is no longer a 5 passenger vehicle.

Ended up supersizing to a Silver Mist 05 Quest SL. We really like it, and are very happy that all of the 04 bugs were worked out in the 05s. It actually drives very nice and has great pickup.

It was my wife's car and she was pretty bummed. If anyone is in the market, it is a Sunlit Copper 04 with 3,800 miles and can be found at Bud Gordon's Quality Nissan in Temecula. Probably get a great deal on it. Just call em and ask for a recent trade in. It is 100% perfect.

Murano was the right car, but the wrong time... Pretty bummed, but we need to do the right thing for the family, and it is the right decision for us now.

If the Admin's here would ever consider adding a Quest forum or making a similar Quest site, I would volunteer my services to admin it! This Murano Forum is just awesome. There is nothing like this available for the Quest at this time...

Regards, and I will still be checking in!

Russ

See less See more
#2 ·
04CopperSL said:
Murano was the right car, but the wrong time...
I couldn't agree more. I can see myself needing to comfortably accomodate 5 people sometime down the road, but I was in the opposite situation as you...I wanted a little more Zoom Zoom. Good luck with your Quest.

#3 ·
We too will be going the direction of a smaller car. I love the Murano a lot and there are some great things about it - however I really need some sub-6 second 0-60 action for some reason :)

I have another year and a half on the lease so I won't be making the plunge that soon.

#4 ·
Not to hijack your thread, but GM, any cars tickling your fancy already? Staying inside the Nissan family?

#6 ·
No.... Many have come and gone, and still more come.

This is normal again. We haven't seen normal in a while!:D

#8 ·
I always thought minivans are perfect family cars. So I am not surprised you elected to go this route. I would do the same.

Enjoy new ride.....;)

#9 ·
mgthe3 said:
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

There are more comming than going.

The Quest is nice as well....wondered why I didn't look at it more.

Oh well, I will suffer with my Mo....

hehehe
:2:
There's more giving up their Murano's visibly, but I saw this happen before, about a year or so ago...

Go back a year and most of the people here now, weren't and most that were here, are now gone. Except for a few of us...

These days, if you want to stand out, get a minivan... Everyone seems to be driving an SUV or a car. Especially in the newer areas of town where they've built a lot of houses in the last 10 years. There's this one Costco I go to, where the parking lot is more than half, SUVs...

#11 ·
NVMYGT said:
Not to hijack your thread, but GM, any cars tickling your fancy already? Staying inside the Nissan family?
Well, I've had my Top 10 list going for some time.

Right now, the car that is making me the most happy is the Volvo S60R with aero package. 300 HP, Turbo, AWD, 6sp Manual. It is a bit spendy - but there are sacrifices I'd make to have this in my garage.

But, in no particular order. There will be a few changes (Magnum needs to go :) )

1. Volvo S60R
2. Lexus IS300 - restyle soon?
3. Infiniti G35 Coupe
4. Subaru Legacy GT Limited
5. Pontiac GTO
6. Subaru Imprezza STi
7. Mitsu Evo MR Edition
8. Mazda RX8
9. BMW M3
10. Dodge Magnum RT AWD

#12 ·
GM - I'm surprised the GTO is not number one on your list.
It sounds like this years model addressed the short comings of the 1st year (under powered & boring styling).

#13 ·
Well - no particular order :) It just so happened the S60R was first :)

I still find the GTO a bit bland although I could deal with that given the performance. It does look better - I'm not totally sold on the Sport Appearance Package. It might be a bit boy racer'ish for me. Plus, it is still going to be my wife's car. She really doesn't want to give up AWD for the 3 inches of snow we get per year.

She really wanted an SUV. There weren't a lot of AWD sedans at the time. The STi - it is kinda like Yoda. It isn't the nicest thing to look at but there is something in my head that likes it. I kinda fell liked the Legacy GT - then I sat in one at the AutoShow. Very sleeper'ish.

As long as I have the Typhoon - I won't have another car. I want fast with a warranty.

#14 ·
Go for Monaro!!! :D

#15 ·
Kris said:
Go for Monaro!!! :D
Kris, I'm not sure if you were making a play on "Murano" or if you actually meant "Monaro" -- which is the base platform from Holden (Australian division of GM) that the U.S. GTO was built on!

The 2005 GTO is much better than the 2004, all-around. I still have the same issues with it though... it's really nothing more than a big motor with a couple chairs in it. No comfort features or nice amenities, it's really bare-bones on the interiour. For the price, I'd honestly rather have a VW, BMW, Infiniti, Lexus, Volvo, etc., with the one caveat that they don't go nearly as fast in that price range. :) Want pure, raw, speed? GTO. Want a comfortable, solid, and well-built quality ride? Not GTO. :)

I'll save and get a 'vette. :)

#16 ·
I did mean Monaro. I spent many years down under and Monaro was a legent out there. Many years ago. Modern Monaro is nothing more but Holden Commodore with some modifications. Not bad car for the money. And with Vette's engine it is quick.

Ye, I still have sentiments..............

But I would not buy it.......

#17 ·
Yeah - I have to keep it on my list. There are a few issues I have with it. No HID headlights. No sunroof.

I'd really like to have the Volvo. 0-60 in 5.7 (according to MotorTrend). Styling is simple. Interior is wonderful. AWD. Volvo safety. Retail is $43K with all the options I want. That scares me.

#19 ·
GM if 43 scares you, I have to tell you the M3 will make you faint at $56k (I didn't even have an idea it was that high)

I looked up a couple of the others, lightly optioned TMV's & the

G35 AWD is 37k

Mit Evo MR AWD is 35k

Pontiac GTO is 34, but only rear wheel drive & the

Subu AWDis the bargain at 28k!

I would also guess the M, S60R & the MR will be is such limited numbers & high demand that there will be no bargaining room, were the GTO has had dismal sales & thus room to barter.

#20 ·
Yeah - I knew the M3 was expensive but I've always had a softspot for them so it has to stay on the list.

The Subaru - I think I ended up about 33 retail for the Legacy GT.

For my anti-GM rant (ignore my name for a minute). The only thing I could see buying from GM would be a full-size truck, Caddy or a C6. Everything else is going to detsroy me on resale.

#22 ·
cough cough - 2nd Gen Turbo RX7 - 60K miles out of the engine and you were lucky :)

I still have one more model year before I need to make a decision. I figure it's never too early to prepare.

My wife teases me that I should have my Top 10 laminated - I told her it changes too often to do that.

#23 ·
I owned a 1979 RX7 and had no problems at all with the engine with over 100000 miles on it. I wouldn't be concerned about buying a rotary engine auto again. The engine basically had 3 moving parts, the crankshaft and 2 rotors.

#24 ·
The quirkiness of the engine was a real draw to me. To me it means that not anyone is going to buy this car. The person who buys it will probably have an appreciation for the wankel and the special care it needs. It's a different kind of car, just like the Murano is a different kind of SUV/station wagon/crossover/thingy.

#25 ·
Where were you when I wanted to get rid of my Quest??? Just thought of it, I wasn't on here then.:eek: :rolleyes:

I had a 2004 Azure Blue Quest S, hated it, hated it, hated it. I don't have kids so it wasn't my style...to big, hard to park, It had all the bells and whistles, had a dvd player that we didn't even use. It had 10,000 miles on it when we traded for the Murano. Only thing about the Quest was it didn't hold its value. I tried to trade that thing ever since I bought it. First, we went back to Nissan to try to trade down, they offered us 21,000 dollars, we still owed 23,000(we paid 26,000 in March 2004. Then a few months later, went to CarMax, they offered us $19,000 It was in perfect condition and only had 3300 miles on it then. I owed 22,000 dollars on it. When we traded it back to Nissan for Murano, they were going to give us 17,000 dollars on it, I still owed 21,500. We said NO and they kept going up on the quest and down on the murano so it was about even. The murano was 23,000 cause it was a 2004 and had 33,000 miles on it . So we about broke even. My pymnts are 40 dollars a month higher but the interest is lower. So I think we got a good deal, also got 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. The insurance didn't go up that much either.

I'm very satisfied, I got rid of the "blue blob" as I called it. Its great for moms and dads and kids but not for a couple with just a little dog. He hated it also, always cried when he rode in it. He loved my Rav4 that I had before the Quest and I think he'll like this the more he rides in it. Another thing, I missed letting the back windows down, in the quest you don't have back windows that go up and down. Also the back door is very heavy to open and close. I also miss the "well" in the back, that was great for groceries so they wouldn't slide all over the place.

I DO hope you like your Quest, we coulda made a good deal if I'd known it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.