Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out. I'm thinking of buying a new Murano. Loaded SE, edmunds invoice puts it at 36,717 and the MSRP at 40,475.

I want to lease it, for 42 months, 12K miles per year. I'm pretty in the dark when it comes to figuring out lease terms and what would even constitute a good deal.

I've got a trade in that I'm upside down on that the blue book says has a suggested retail value of 20,120, but the payoff is currently 21598. So that's going to work against me.

I'm getting opening offers of around $500/month, which seems like it's high based on what I've been reading in these forums. Can anyone offer any advice?

·
Registered
216 Posts
The lease rates and residuals can be found in this thread. They stayed the same for June. Add 1% for 12K miles/year to the posted residuals.

I have also attached a lease calculator for you to plug the numbers into. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shappy0869 said:
The lease rates and residuals can be found in this thread. They stayed the same for June. Add 1% for 12K miles/year to the posted residuals.

I have also attached a lease calculator for you to plug the numbers into. Let me know if you have any other questions.
I was hoping you'd reply, shappy! You seem to be the guru around here! Thank you so much for the info, and I have a follow up question (as I said, I'm clueless)

On your calculator, I'm plugging in 40,475 for the MSRP, but what should I use for the purchase price? They made an offer of 34K if I bought this car, so is is reasonable to plug that in there?

Finally, on the bottom part of the chart, I assume I should just plug the money factor and residual #'s into the 42 month column, and the "payment with sales tax" is my monthly, right?

(sorry, these are probably dumb questions!)

Thanks again!

·
Registered
216 Posts
chiswede said:

On your calculator, I'm plugging in 40,475 for the MSRP, but what should I use for the purchase price? They made an offer of 34K if I bought this car, so is is reasonable to plug that in there?

Finally, on the bottom part of the chart, I assume I should just plug the money factor and residual #'s into the 42 month column, and the "payment with sales tax" is my monthly, right?

(sorry, these are probably dumb questions!)

Thanks again!
Never dumb questions! For the purchase price, yes, enter their best offer. Keep in mind that if you are going to roll in any negative equity from a trade, this needs to be added into the purchase price.

As for the rates and residuals, yes, just plug the number into the chart. Don't forget to enter your state's sales tax rate in the appropriate spot.

Security deposit is waived, so your start up costs should be the acquisition fee of $550, your first month's payment, tags and any state fees.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, they offered $510/month for 42 months, 12K miles on a car that has an MSRP of 39,585.

This seems insanely high to me. Not only that, but I basically walked on the offer, and they didn't counter. Am I way off base for trying to get this down to somewhere under $400/month?
(without the trade-in and no money down at this point)

·
Registered
216 Posts
All I can say is that the lease calculator I posted is accurate. If you entered the MSRP and their selling price, along with the residual (53%) and the rate of .00042 and your sales tax, you should have an accurate payment. If they are not even coming close to it, I would say it is time to find another dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shappy0869 said:
All I can say is that the lease calculator I posted is accurate. If you entered the MSRP and their selling price, along with the residual (53%) and the rate of .00042 and your sales tax, you should have an accurate payment. If they are not even coming close to it, I would say it is time to find another dealer.
Yep, that's what I thought too. They're pretty much offering MSRP as the purchase price. I cut em loose. Thanks shappy.

(you mean .00092 by the way, right? I freaked out for a sec there.....:D )

(and purchase price was coming out to be about 38,900 in order to get to the 510/month in the lease calculator. Not much of a deal off of MSRP)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Damn,

You know, I linked you to the wrong lease info, sorry!

The 12K mile residual for an SE is 51% and the rate is .00042.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shappy0869 said:
Damn,

You know, I linked you to the wrong lease info, sorry!

The 12K mile residual for an SE is 51% and the rate is .00042.
You sure? That post said "2006 Murano".

Anyway, what's the residual and rate on an SL?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
shappy0869 said:
Here is this month's lease info, add 1% for 12K miles for 42 months.
Saw your other post re: SL v. SE shappy, thanks. Is this chart the SL #s? (ie add 1% to this for an SE)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts