Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in filing a class action lawsuit?

There is no information in my service recommendations or my owners manual stating that there is the possibility that the drains can clog, thereby causing water to back up into the interior of the vehicle. Nor at any time was I informed at my regular maintenance that this was even a “thing” that needed to be considered.

My dealership states that it will be over $500 to clear the drains, and then an additional $3500 to replace the headliner it has ruined. I’m not sure that is the only damage there is. I‘ve read on multiple forums that this is a common problem.
one one forum a person said $8000 to repair.

·
Administrator
9,763 Posts
I left this post in place. I removed the author's access for 30 days after he extensively re-posted in other threads (those posts have been deleted.) If you have thoughts to add, please do so.

When the author gains access again he can take part in the discussion.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I agree, it was very annoying, had to hold my tongue...

However, since it is forum member who just joined our forum, I think a warning would be more suitable for this type of infraction.

A thirty day suspension should be reserved for egregious behavior I would think... JMO...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone interested in filing a class action lawsuit?

There is no information in my service recommendations or my owners manual stating that there is the possibility that the drains can clog, thereby causing water to back up into the interior of the vehicle. Nor at any time was I informed at my regular maintenance that this was even a “thing” that needed to be considered.

My dealership states that it will be over $500 to clear the drains, and then an additional $3500 to replace the headliner it has ruined. I’m not sure that is the only damage there is. I‘ve read on multiple forums that this is a common problem.
one one forum a person said $8000 to repair.
The same thing happened to my 07 Murano. You can clear them yourself with a length of tubing small enough to fit in the holes & a syringe. You have to take the glass out to do it though. The only thing you can do with the headliner would be to try to clean it with upholstery cleaner. Several years after we cleaned the drains on mine, the passenger side gears stripped out & we decided to have a local auto glass shop seal it up. So now I have a non-leaking non-moving moonroof.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
The same thing happened to my 07 Murano. You can clear them yourself with a length of tubing small enough to fit in the holes & a syringe. You have to take the glass out to do it though. The only thing you can do with the headliner would be to try to clean it with upholstery cleaner. Several years after we cleaned the drains on mine, the passenger side gears stripped out & we decided to have a local auto glass shop seal it up. So now I have a non-leaking non-moving moonroof.
Hopefully they did a neater job sealing your moonroof than this one... LOL

Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Hood Product Automotive lighting

I purchase a new 1982 Celica Supra and enjoyed the heck out of it for 10 years. Just about EVERY part was severely corroded by then... I'm amazed this one even exists...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts