Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(FIXED) Murano not available in NHTSA site, sent inquiry to: [email protected]a.dot.gov~

The NHTSA online page is not allowing any complain for NISSAN MURANO since last october. For the time being, any one whose alternator has failed and had been wanting to file a complain to NHTSA please call them: 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

I am going to email NHTSA and inquire on not being able to the choose MURANO in their online complain form. If you have the time, please kindly send a similar inquiry email as well to: [email protected].

Thank you ppl. ;)

-----
PS:
This is a sample of my email, just in case you need it as template

Subject:
[ NHTSA page database error] NO nissan murano for complain

Dear Sirs/Madams at NTHSA,

I am trying to file a complain on nissan murano alternator failure with NHTSA. Seeing from NHTSA database records, I am aware that these type of failures have been common on this vehicle

However, since last October 2004, your online complain form no longer list :"NISSAN MURANO" http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/

This does not make sense, since the vehicle model have been in the market since 2003. By not listing the vehicle in your online form , no one is able to file any complain on this model.

Of course, calling 1-888-327-4236 is another option. But, not everyone is willing to do that. NHTSA should make an effort on making every avenues as accesible as possible for consumer complains.

Please kindly look into this matter before I escalate this to DOT officials and local news publications.

Thank you...kindly revert

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Problem is even worse for 2004. The only option available under Nissan is "CREW" !

Webmaster is getting an e-mail from me this morning. :3:

·
Registered
14 Posts
SugarRushMurano thanks for you template. Just sent my email to NHTSA regarding this matter.;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just receivec my response from the NTHSA Web Master:

"the nissan murano 2004 is listed in my data base don't know why you are unable to pull it up.. if you want me to file the complaint for your the information on my previous e-mail is required."

I guest he has a different data base the the rest of us do. :confused:

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reply to that NHTSA email with this....

1. Tell the guy to try to file the complain himself at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

2. Tell the guy you dont want to file a complain via email because
he needs to fix the problem of NHTSA database ~

3. Send the guy the image I attached.

Attached this image to the email...Make him eat his own words~
I will send another email soon anyway

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
SuperBlk MO said:
I just receivec my response from the NTHSA Web Master:

"the nissan murano 2004 is listed in my data base don't know why you are unable to pull it up.. if you want me to file the complaint for your the information on my previous e-mail is required."

I guest he has a different data base the the rest of us do. :confused:
In his response to me the webmaster did not claim to have it in his database, just that he could file the claim on my behalf!

NOW (AND I MEAN THIS VERY MOMENT) IS A GOOD TIME FOR EVERYONE TO SEND AN EMAIL TO HIM. FAILED OR NOT, AT LEAST WE HAVE HIS ATTENTION AND HE MAY FIX THE WEBSITE.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I sent another e-mail to the webmaster, attached a word document of my complaint (about the power steering loss), and the screen shot SugarRush had provided. Just to check if they will bother with this, I password protected my word document. To my surprise, almost immediately I received an e-mail requesting my password to open the document.

.............................SEND YOUR EMAILS NOW............................

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I just sent my email as well.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
United we stand! I just sent my 3rd emails from a third different account

to the NHTSA webmaster...I bet he got real surprise, a bunch of similar emails in a day :D
Keep sending that email people....!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: Reply to that NHTSA email with this....

SugarRushMurano said:
1. Tell the guy to try to file the complain himself at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

2. Tell the guy you dont want to file a complain via email because
he needs to fix the problem of NHTSA database ~

3. Send the guy the image I attached.

Attached this image to the email...Make him eat his own words~
I will send another email soon anyway
Sent the guy at NHTSA a second email with with the above image. I will wait and see what happens. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I included this link in the email. ;)

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got a reply from NTHSA as of today:

Dear Mr. (deleted)

Thank you for your recent email, pointing out that the Nissan Murano does not appear on the drop-down list of Nissan model vehicles when filing a complaint. You are absolutely correct in that the Murano should be there as well as some other models that are apparently missing from the list. We are working to rectify the problem as quickly as possible.

Again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

R. Montanari
Computer Sciences Corporation
US Dept. of Transportation/Volpe National Transportation Systems Center
Cambridge, MA 02142-1493

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Woohoo!!!!

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Re: I got a reply from NTHSA as of today:

SugarRushMurano said:
Dear Mr. (deleted)

Thank you for your recent email, pointing out that the Nissan Murano does not appear on the drop-down list of Nissan model vehicles when filing a complaint. You are absolutely correct in that the Murano should be there as well as some other models that are apparently missing from the list. We are working to rectify the problem as quickly as possible.
I got the exact same email from them (as well as the one saying it was fixed). Funny thing is that I had never mentioned the Murano in my email to them, just that most models were not listed. The Murano email must have become a "form letter" by then. :p Anyway, good to see even just a few members can get things changed. Good job SugarRush putting the word out! Now let's just see if me make a change in the alternator arena.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts