Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan Murano Z50 AWD 3000 cm manufactured in 1995. After turning on works normally with low rpm (around 600), automatic transmission in park or neutral position. When I press the accelerator, the rpm jumps up to ~1500 and instantly comes down to 600 again. I have replaced the MAF sensor, gasoline pump, the three way catalyst, the accelerator pedal and all spark plug/wire. It has happend during driving 100 miles/h. What could be the reason for such behaviour? The car has LPG instalation but it is off.
is it ECM ? any idea ?
Dominik

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD
1,093 Posts
Nissan Murano Z50 AWD 3000 cm manufactured in 1995. After turning on works normally with low rpm (around 600), automatic transmission in park or neutral position. When I press the accelerator, the rpm jumps up to ~1500 and instantly comes down to 600 again. I have replaced the MAF sensor, gasoline pump, the three way catalyst, the accelerator pedal and all spark plug/wire. It has happend during driving 100 miles/h. What could be the reason for such behaviour? The car has LPG instalation but it is off.
is it ECM ? any idea ?
Dominik
Are you saying that when you put the accelerator pedal to the floor, the engine cuts out at 1,500 RPMs and drops back to idle?

Is the MIL illuminated? Have you scanned the ECM for trouble codes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you saying that when you put the accelerator pedal to the floor, the engine cuts out at 1,500 RPMs and drops back to idle?

Is the MIL illuminated? Have you scanned the ECM for trouble codes?
Yes, it drops back to idle, ecm no errors at all, it seems like fuel cating by ecm, by idle working ca 5 min both cooling fun are on
i have only OBD2 code reader, maybe a special software will be able to read more by ecm, I have to try it

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD
1,093 Posts
Yes, it drops back to idle, ecm no errors at all, it seems like fuel cating by ecm, by idle working ca 5 min both cooling fun are on
i have only OBD2 code reader, maybe a special software will be able to read more by ecm, I have to try it
A scanner that can read live data would be very helpful in this case. On a side note, have you tried relearning the accelerator pedal released, throttle position closed, and idle air volume? If not, try doing those and see if the condition changes. The procedures are detailed in the service manual (Engine Control file) available on the nicoclub website linked below.

Factory Service Manuals - NICOclub

1 - 4 of 4 Posts