Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the fence-I know this is a MO site-but give me the pros and cons-been on both forums and see there r probs with both-could go either way-really luv the way the MO looks BRO:2: thankz

·
5,268 Posts
Hm, interesting choices. Both nice cars. But Titan is a truck! Why would one consider a Murano or a truck? If you need a truck – go for Titan. If you do not need a truck – go for Murano.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Whoops! Edit from earlier post.

I guess you would get the Titan if you have the need for a truck, such as carrying heavy loads and towing a boat or trailor.

I think a better comparison would be Murano or Armada - in that case it depends how many people you will be driving around regularly. Murano = 4 or less. Armada = 5 or more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MO or TITAN

SO already has truck-luv the way both look-Titan is huge with xtra cab and the power-but that radio prob and others-would u buy a MO again-

·
5,268 Posts
My neighbor just bought Titan – nice look, V8 engine, big cab…………I still would go for Murano – look, quietness, handling etc. I do not need a truck.

Just my 2c

·
Registered
256 Posts
There's a trade off on any decision you make. SUV, P/U, X-over.
Murano can't handle big loads or more than 5 people, SUV get 11 MPG (realistic) but can handle up to 8 people plus their boat, or P/U at 14 mpg, 5 people plus their stuff, the dog and their boat. Their are times that I really wish I still had my Suburban, but then most of the time I am so glad I got rid of it (42gal tank and 9-11 mpg/city). If I need serious cargo capacity I can always run down to the local rental agency or HD and Lowes both have serious trucks available at $20 hour (less if you buy stuff from them also). Guess it all boils down to how much you really want to spend at the pump for what purposes.

This is my 2c worth.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I know some people who buy a truck not because they need a truck

but because they just love the big-bad-ass look of a truck :) ...

Lots of people i know drives the new Ford 150 and chevy silverado with all the body kits and accesories that make the truck looks good. In my own way of thingking, i think CKAT falls into this category. Am i right? That is why he put 'murano versus titan' as comparo.

Just consider this:
- gas price is hiking up these days, a titan had lower mpg than Mo.
- titan looks big and macho, mo looks cute. Depends on which way you want to be perceived in. :)
- neither murano nor titan has as many accesories as ford150. Hence if you consider buying the titan and dressing it up, you will have a tough time finding the stuffs.
- your carrying/cargo capacity, do you really need a truck?
- your towing capacity, do you really need to tow more than 3,500 lbs?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Right now I wouldn't touch the Titan. They haven't gotten their problems solved at the plant and as a result there are still some quality issues.

Personally, I think the Expedition is a nicer SUV, but that's just me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts