Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new car .My car just got hit and I am renting A FX35. I like the murano better. The FX Rides so hard but handels good.The murano I have test drove 2 times and their is a vibration on acceleration from 50m-80- mph.Is that normal of the cvt. The RPM go up high like it is slipping.The honda pilot is a mello car and has nice pick up and noise free .The murano has some rattles I here. I drove a 05 and it was ok I love the look and the ride.The one I drove was a SL.So what do you think I have been looking for a year and watching this post

Thank you for any replys..
:3: :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I don't have any vibrations at all at any speed. There are some interior rattling and such but I would still buy a Murano given the chance. Honda is good but I personally like the looks of Murano better. Also, the gas mileage and power combination on Murano is great. One more thing I love about Murano is that just about everything is put together via clips! It so very easy to take apart, modify, and then put back together. I highly recommend the MO!

·
5,244 Posts
27k miles here. SL. I still love this car. Oh, and there is no vibrations during acceleration. The CVT is designed in such a way that it always is trying to select the right/optimal rpm. For people used to traditional trannies it may looks like it is slipping. Not so. I also drive FX35 and I know what you mean - stiff drive, a fun though. Pilot - is an SUV. Really nice one.

If it was up to me, I would go with MO SL AWD (assuming you are living in New England). But it is me, and I do not need or like SUV's.

Enjoy your new car, what ever it will be....

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
GO MO, PILOT NO. GRIP :D

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
The Pilot and MO are VERY different cars. It really depends on what you want. The Pilot is significantly larger and you sit much higher. The feel of the car (viewpoint, handling, etc) are much more truck-like in the Pilot and much more car-like in the MO (although the Pilot is certainly not as truck-like as some of the larger SUVs).

The Pilot has a larger towing capacity, a third-row seat, a bit more oomph off the line, has more off-road capabilities (not much, but a bit), and the normal plain Honda styling.

The MO has more technological gizmos, fancy styling (good/bad depending on your tastes), more legroom for rear seats, no third-row seat, the CVT (so none of that hard shifting or "gear-guessing" on hills), and much more of a car-like feel (although a large car).

It's been a while since I compared gas mileage, but if I remember correctly they are close.

I also think (but can't remember for sure) that the Pilot is considered a LEV, if that matters to you. But looking at the polution index for the two cars (which is what I was using) they were pretty similar. Not sure why the MO doesn't have that classification... maybe they are in different categories?

So I would think that it boils down to what type of vehicle you really want. I hate SUVs but need something that will tow 3000 pounds. So for me it's the MO. My sister-in-law got a Pilot a few months ago, and loves it for the added seating room and higher viewpoint while driving, as she's used to a Grand Cherokee. She loves the Pilot, I would hate driving it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
MO all the way... i would go with ne nissan over a honda.. i mean hondas last and r cheaper 2 fix... but the MO is such a sexyer car..

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm in the depends-what-you-need school. The Pilot is a larger family hauler with a third seat and more truck-like capabilities. The Murano is sportier and more fun to drive, but doesn't have that third seat and isn't quite as big. I think the Pilot is really bland, which the Murano is not. Both are highly reliable.

·
4,601 Posts
Murano's built in Japan, Pilot's built in Ontario, Canada...

I drive a Murano and live in Ontario, Canada.

'nuff said.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts