Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have a odyssey ,Wifes car I want something larger I have a mazda milenna I drove all I can, love the murano But ok here we go

Transmission,relibility, Power steering issues rattles what is up. The 04 seem better so what do I do. se-sl How is the murano on long rides Do not need a 3rd row I have 2 kids 11-7

Thank you
still thinking

·
5,244 Posts
my personal opinion, take it or ..........

I love MO. I bought it because of look, handling, performance on road, lack of 3rd raw. Yes I did experience some rattles (windows!). I got rid of it. Still the window tick is present. I just do not have time to deal with it. Will definitely do it later.

Reliability and performance so far, as well as gas mileages OK. No complaints. I have SL with premium package, no NAV though. SE was a little bit rough. However, after driving FX I would probably go for SE. For really good handling.

Drive for your self. You will see the difference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also have an Odyssey with three boys ages 8, 4 and 1. Since I already have the van that fits 7 people, I didn't need an suv with the 3rd row seat. I checked out the Pilot and the MDX and I was surprised at how tiny the 3rd row seats are. When my boys got in the Murano they talked about how it was 'like sitting inside a limo'. Even with two car seats in the back, there was enough room for all three of them to sit comfortably.

I have 10,500 miles on the Murano now and I have yet to experience any sort of rattles or problems with the transmission or power steering. I'm currently getting 20 mpg with mixed driving, and compared to the other suv's out there, there is a big difference. My brothers explorer is only getting 15 mpg and my odyssey is getting 20mpg for comparisons.

The only problem that I have is with the Bose sound system in the car. It sounds ok, but I recently switched the front tweeters and front door speakers with some JL audio component speakers, and it sounds sooooo much better than the stock speakers.

Don't get too discouraged with all of the negative things being written here. Take it from me, I used to drive the truck waiting for the 'dreaded' door rattle to happen, and it just isn't worth the worry. Just take your kids for a test drive and see what happens.

·
4,601 Posts
I'm still in love with mine. Still catch myself just looking at it, even over a year later.:10:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts