Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My friend has a 2016 Murano Platinum with the OEM LED headlights. The driver's side low beam is out.

Two dealers are telling them that only the DRLs are LED, and the actual low beam is a simple bulb replacement. The owner reiterated to the dealer it was a Platinum with LED headlights, and the dealers both confirmed that it is a simple bulb replacement.

Is this really the case? In looking at the back of the actual headlight assembly, it doesn't appear as though the low beam is readily accessible or serviceable. Can anyone provide some input on this?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
They are LEDs. And they shouldn't have failed that quickly. Dealer should replace under warranty.

·
Registered
544 Posts
If the assembly is like the halogens (and the aftermarket LED replacements), it's a simple bulb swap. You remove the connector on the back, turn and pull the bulb and its base out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In looking at the rear of the assembly, there is no access to the low beam. The turn signal bulb is easily accessible for replacement.

In looking at the diagrams between the non-LED assembly vs. the LED assembly, they are different. The non-LED low beam is easily replaced. The LED low beam is basically sealed with no access. That is why it was confusing to have the dealers say it was a simple bulb replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HOW in the freakin world do you get to the LOW BEAM LED bulbs under some sort of cover on the driver side of a 2017 Platinum Murano? The Passenger side, easy. The driver side has some cover around and no way to get to it? In looking at the diagrams between the non-LED assembly vs. the LED assembly, they are different. The non-LED low beam is easily replaced. The LED low beam is basically sealed with no access. Someone else posted this and I cannot find the answer, no Youtube replacement for it either other than ones that just turn and unplug. these are literally behind a plastic housing..... please anyone for my saving my sanity and having to pull the entire bumper off so a freaking simple bulb change?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
They may be like my '19's LED reverse lights, they are not serviceable... They are part of the taillight assembly I believe, it may be the same for your LED headlights...

·
Registered
731 Posts
In recent weeks, I've seen five 3rd Gen MOs with a portion of their daytime running lights burned out on the passenger side. They appear to me to be models made within the past five years, but don't appear to be 2020/2021. Not sure what trim they were. Not sure about the longevity of these things. I've also seen a few partially burned out on fairly new Rogues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts