1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
792 Posts
Makes sense. $600 seems like a lot of coin for '20 HP'.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Call me a skeptic, but the Mo has a totally different plenum than all the other cars listed on that page (350Z, G35, G35c, FX35). The Mo Plenum is actually pretty damn good in comparison, so I have a hard time believing they actually make one for the Mo or if such would actually help much.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
Makes sense. $600 seems like a lot of coin for '20 HP'.
Actually I think thats pretty cheap for a 20hp increase. I've seen $2000 worth of exhaust mods on other cars lead to maybe a 10hp increase!

Keep in mind the 20hp reported by the Crawford people is in combination with all the other exhaust mods for the G35 - aftermarket exhaust and high flow intake most likely. Alone the plenum might yield 10-15hp at best.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Again, in a 350Z setup where both the intake and the exhaust are free flowing, you may see an increase of power to such an extent. But with the MO, even with an Injen intake, you still have a very restricted exhaust (no headers, single tubing) that will not let this happen. There is a lot of job to do and +/- $2000 to spend on the MO in order to add 20 HPs. I'd say that a full catback of good quality could be produced for $1500 (Paddock Performance???). The Injen is more or less $200. Then, I would work the ECU (+/- $500) in order to advance timing, remove speed limiter, etc... and probably gain 50 HP with these 3 mods.

By the end of it, you'd have a fat Z on your hands... lol

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
SIM said:
Again, in a 350Z setup where both the intake and the exhaust are free flowing, you may see an increase of power to such an extent. But with the MO, even with an Injen intake, you still have a very restricted exhaust (no headers, single tubing) that will not let this happen. There is a lot of job to do and +/- $2000 to spend on the MO in order to add 20 HPs. I'd say that a full catback of good quality could be produced for $1500 (Paddock Performance???). The Injen is more or less $200. Then, I would work the ECU (+/- $500) in order to advance timing, remove speed limiter, etc... and probably gain 50 HP with these 3 mods.

By the end of it, you'd have a fat Z on your hands... lol

And maybe a blown CVT! :D

·
Registered
792 Posts
Full cat back for $1500 is insane - even for stainless mandrel bent 3" pipe - or whatever size is needed. The Borla kit is $900 for the 350Z - we don't have $600 more worth of bends and pipe for the difference.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Great news! But what I know of the Paddock Performance full catback is that:

1. It will be available only in December
2. It does not include any headers

So, the best would be to save the difference for a good set of fitted headers if you want to be able to have more power than vroom-vroom... ;)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hmmm I'll have to take a look, just started welding class three weeks ago.

jljonsn said:
Looking at the crawford site, did anyone notice the welds on the headers they show? Even for R&D units - sloppy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts