Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to get this vehicle to go strait with alignments tire rotations and nothing works.

I even want to give the vehicle back to Nissan. I just think this vehicle is unsafe and from what I read it has a manufacters defect and they will nit fess up to it.

Need help Any ideas?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Yes, It will go stright, It will require proper inspection and adjustment of your alignment, wheels, tires, etc. But it is a very good vehicle. So don't get down on it. you will get it strightened out (pun) and in a few weeks be enjoying the drive. I assume you are working with the dealer. Go the service manager, get hime to take a test drive, get hime to take ownership of the problem. See the sales manager, you will get it fixed, but it may take some more effort. GRIP :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mine has always pulled slightly to the left, but noticeably only when on the highway, and mainly in the left (inside) lane. I have over 76,000 km now, and had an alignment done about 10K ago to verify if it was out a bit. The alignment did need tweaking, but did nothing for this 'minor' pull. I have discussed it with several people and have come to the agreed upon conclusion that it is due to the large diameter tires tracking on grades that are slanted to promote drainage, hence the greater pull in the left lane. If yours pulls all the time, no matter what condition, then something else must be causing this. Otherwise, no worries, enjoy.......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Left pulling Murano

Thanks for sharing your problem. Seems to me that this left pulling situation is much bigger than just a few out of the number on the road. I also am a businessman and have spent a lot of time on this problem, I would think that Nissan should get a little excited and get us left pulling vehicle straightened out.
I have tried one other Murano and it too pulls just like mine,this is not a shot in the dark, I believe this is a major problem and maybe a dangerous defect.
If I let the steering go for 2 or 3 seconds this vehicle is going to but heads with a cement wall.
Maybe when this happens with a young housewife with children, maybe then they will take this seriously.
We need to band together and get Nissan to fix now!!!!!!!

·
4,994 Posts
Needs Alignment, Tire inspection, Competent Dealer, I personally have never met anybody with a MO that pulls anyway but straight, I have driven a number of MO's during the purchase activity and all were straight. Why did you buy one that did not drive straight anyway? I am sure there are those that do pull one way or the other and with 4 wheel alignment it may be easier to get it pull off of straight, but IMO it is not a universal or fundamental design problem, If a very large portion can go straight I imagine yours can be adjusted to go straight. You need to keep in mind that this is a forum of Mo and auto aficionados and we are pretty picky in general. With less than 2500 members out of over 6000 sold in November this year alone in North America and over 100,000 since introduction it's a small percentage of observation and IMHO not necessarly average.

Go to a competent alignment service and if the dealer can't do it tell him you will be sending the bill to him. I think the lemon law may be able to be used if they can't fix it after a certain number of times. Keep records.

Sorry you are having to use your time on this problem but really don't feel it is a universal problem. Maybe you can start a poll and determine a sampling of the problem to back up the contention it is wide spread. Don't give up on a great vehicle just get it fixed and overwith, my motto is "Keep Trying" GRIP :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine pulls to the left too, '04 SL AWD, purchased new early Sept. '04. I wouldn't say it "pulls" exactly, but it definitely leads off to the left and will eventually cross the center line if you take your hands off the wheel, rather than following the road camber to the right side. Been meaning to get it to the dealer for a check, but just haven't done it. Already started cupping the front tires; I rotated the tires and it still does it, which makes it seem less likely it's a tire problem. I'm hoping it's alignment. I didn't drive this particular one before I took delivery because AWD models are rare in the south and dealer had to get the color I wanted from another dealer.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Remember, you will get free alignment for the first year. Since this is going to be difficult to prove as a manufacturing defect on a car with high miles, I suggest you take care of it right away. By the way, mine does not pull either.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Re: Left pulling Murano

Thanks for sharing your problem. Seems to me that this left pulling situation is much bigger than just a few out of the number on the road. I also am a businessman and have spent a lot of time on this problem, I would think that Nissan should get a little excited and get us left pulling vehicle straightened out.
Well, i had the same problem when i got my MO. it pulled to the left. so i stopped at the dealership and they balanced the tires. after that i drove much better but pulled to the right now. :) so i stopped at the dealer again and they did the alignment. now it drives straight! i can feel a little bit of right pull when accelerate too hard but i think that is torque steering..

while my car was in for the alignment i testdrove another MO they had on the parking lot - it pulled to the left badly as well. so the mechanic was doing that one after mine as well :D

looks like Nissan does not care about alignment too much, or maybe they put the wheels on here in the States and the local techs don't do the required procedures.

HAVE IT CHECKED BY THE DEALER AND MAKE SURE THEY CHECK BOTH TIRE BALANCING & WHEEL ALIGNMENT!!!

good luck!

·
5,244 Posts
Interesting reading,

mine was OK from the begining. Or so I thought. After one tire rotation I noticed slight pull to the right. And really slight one. Two weeks ago I put new tires and had the alignment checked see here the results: alignment . I was surprised to fins out the the car required adjustement. Anyway as you see from the report now it suppose to be perfect. Trouble is that I have this feeling that there is just a slight tendency to pull left.........I am not sure yet but this is what I feel. It does not bother me though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Kris said:
Interesting reading,

mine was OK from the begining. Or so I thought. After one tire rotation I noticed slight pull to the left. And really slight one. Two weeks ago I put new tires and had the alignment checked see here the results: alignment . I was surprised to fins out the the car required adjustement. Anyway as you see from the report now it suppose to be perfect. Trouble is that I have this feeling that there is just a slight tendency to pull left.........I am not sure yet but this is what I feel. It does not bother me though.
try balancing the wheels. balancing and alignment are two different things.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
An out of balance tire will cause a vibration, not a pulling.

Ask your dealer if the "Steering bolt TSB" applies to your Murano, esp if they align it, and alignment goes off center again.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've got the left pull too...

While looking for new messages on the board, this discussion caught my eye. From the beginning (ok, we bought the car less than two weeks ago), we've had a left pulling MO. We brought it in just before our cross country trip to have it checked out. They said everything was aligned correctly, but we still noticed a pull to the left.

My husband has a hard time being comfortable in the car for such an extended drive period (especially since his torso is tall and there are no arm rests - the seating is so wide).

I'm going to bring it into another dealership and have them do futher testing... it indeed pulls to the left, and now that I see others with this problem, I'm very curious how many MOs really are affected....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Don't know if I believe that one. I can be in the highway middle lane (when there are three lanes) and it still pulls to the left. I could be in the right lane, and it still pulls to the left.

The more I'm reading up about this, the more I see that I'm not the only one with the problem.

Eeks.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
MIne had that problem as well...

And the dealership did an alignment around 5 months ago. Seems solved the problem at that time.

5 month later, it come sback. I am bringing my MO back to dealership tomorrow/tuesday, probably it IS the steering wheel bolt tightening thingy.

·
4,994 Posts
Be sure you get them to check the rear also and ask them to show you the print out of the wheel alignment setting, Just ask your service adviser to request the before and after. Search this forum and see an example. The MO is not the cheap fixed rear solid axel and that is good, but it can be mis-aligned.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Same problem

At the beginning mine pulling to the left badly, I think if I leave my steering wheel straight Mo will eventually make a u-turn. :( I bough my MO used, so I thought that the first owner did not care about wheel alignment. He or she never did the tire rotation either. I took it to the dealer and they did the rotation, balancing and wheel alignment. It helps just a little. It’s still pulling to the left. I am going to come back next week to see if they can fix it. Also, how I can check if they are really did the balancing or wheel alignment? For insurance reason they are not allow me to be in the working area and that really bother me because I was always watching what exactly mechanic was doing to my car.

·
5,244 Posts
Ask for print outs. I always get it for alignment. Balancing - you will feel it.....

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Well I do not feel the deference before and after balancing. Mo has no weights on either of 4 wheels as well. By the way I ask them about the weights and manager told me that some time they go on the back side of the wheel. I understand that, but my Mo has 20K miles with the bad left pull, so I assume by that time my wheels should be out balance completely. But it seems like they were perfect and this is really bothers me. I also do not want to pay another $50 to figure out if I was wrong or right. I just want to know how to find a way to figure out if the service people was doing their job or just drinking coffee for 2 hours and looking at my beautiful White Pearl Murano.;)

·
4,994 Posts
Search for "Truing" here and on the Google. It get the tires round so they don't bump. Also one of the guys had the tires inspected by the Goodyear folks and they said they were excessively "Crowned" and off center and replaced them. Thats worth searching also.

·
5,244 Posts
Murano_driver said:
Well I do not feel the deference before and after balancing. Mo has no weights on either of 4 wheels as well. By the way I ask them about the weights and manager told me that some time they go on the back side of the wheel. I understand that, but my Mo has 20K miles with the bad left pull, so I assume by that time my wheels should be out balance completely. But it seems like they were perfect and this is really bothers me. I also do not want to pay another $50 to figure out if I was wrong or right. I just want to know how to find a way to figure out if the service people was doing their job or just drinking coffee for 2 hours and looking at my beautiful White Pearl Murano.;)
I mentioned in other thread that I had slight pull to the left. Even after alignment was done (I have print out to prove it). 2 days ago my front left tire was replaced (due to out of round). Guess what - no more pull! Murano keeps stright line!

And yes, the weights go on the inside side (at least what I have in my Murano). If you do not feel vibrations the balance is OK..As to the pull - as I said before it can be caused by alignment or tires...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts