Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have one...I wanted to put one in my new 05 that I just bought my wife. I talked to the nissan dealer today and he said that they don't recommend it, because for some reason they don't agree with the nissan's and they tend to cause all sorts of problems. What are your thoughts. Anyone have one?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Many have installed and some have reported problems with alarms and memory seats. Search the problems" thread.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
I had a Viper 771XV installed by a professional shop, and have never had a problem with anything. It has been installed for about 1.5 years now, probably about 42,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
we have a polarstart remote starter with intelligent key and we have had no problems. the certidied radio in town still has not found out how to integrate an alarm system with the intelli key setup.

·
Registered
35 Posts
nissan in thunder bay on. instal startes at its dealership honda would not install one on my daugthers civic 2003. go for it we have them onboth my "m" and wife's lincoln and on a older sabel all had no problem

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
i got one. got it done by futureshop for 199 i guess.
it works fine. memory seating not an issue as long as you FIRST open the car and THEN start the car.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
hasaanbhutta said:

it works fine. memory seating not an issue as long as you FIRST open the car and THEN start the car.
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a remote starter?

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
Mr3Putt said:

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a remote starter?
in a way it does. but since i am the primary driver of MO and wife only drives it occassionaly its not a big deal for me. the seats are always in my settings. when she gets in after starting the car, all she needs to do is push the "2" button on the door and she gets her seating settings.

but for someone who switches drives quite often with another driver, yea it could be a hassle to use keyfob first and then remote.

Luxury comes at a cost !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts