Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI...Hertz has the Murano available for rent. Flew into Denver today and saw about 8, SL AWD sitting in the Gold Service aisles. Would be very interesting to see the repair/maintenance sheets on their fleet.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I would love to see their repair history. Talk to the workers... they will tell you if there have been any issues.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
midnitexpress said:
Just an FYI...Hertz has the Murano available for rent. Flew into Denver today and saw about 8, SL AWD sitting in the Gold Service aisles. Would be very interesting to see the repair/maintenance sheets on their fleet.
Yeap, the murano is in hertz prestige collection more than 6 months ago. I believe, only gold member is allowed to rent it, correct me if i am wrong. I was offered either to get the murano or the subaru legacy awd around 1.5 month ago, I chose the legacy because I was actually afraid to get the murano with a failing alternator :p

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Re: Re: Murano Rentals

SugarRushMurano said:
I was offered either to get the murano or the subaru legacy awd around 1.5 month ago, I chose the legacy because I was actually afraid to get the murano with a failing alternator :p
That was mean...:D

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Yeap, the murano is in hertz prestige collection more than 6 months ago. I believe, only gold member is allowed to rent it, correct me if i am wrong. I was offered either to get the murano or the subaru legacy awd around 1.5 month ago, I chose the legacy because I was actually afraid to get the murano with a failing alternator
I can't believe that someone who spent the bucks to buy and drive an MO wouldn't rent one because he was afraid of an alternator failure, which probably isn't a problem on an '05 anyway.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess it would depend on why you were renting in the first place. If you couldn't take the chance of a known breakdown (and not knowing the repair history) then I might have made the same decision. Plus, we know what the MO is like. I would have taken the Subee just as a curiosity factor since I didn't even consider it when I made my purchase. Could always turn a rental back in for another vehicle if it was terrible. Currently have a Camry 4-cyl from Hertz. Not bad, but gets very light and hard to control comfortably around 65-70. Might be the huge spoiler they have on the trunk lid causing a little front end lift. I found the spoiler an amusing touch.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...and if the rental offer was 6 mos ago then it was probably an '04 they had on the lot with 12-15K on it

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Exactly! hehehe

midnitexpress said:
I guess it would depend on why you were renting in the first place. If you couldn't take the chance of a known breakdown (and not knowing the repair history) then I might have made the same decision. Plus, we know what the MO is like. I would have taken the Subee just as a curiosity factor since I didn't even consider it when I made my purchase. Could always turn a rental back in for another vehicle if it was terrible. Currently have a Camry 4-cyl from Hertz. Not bad, but gets very light and hard to control comfortably around 65-70. Might be the huge spoiler they have on the trunk lid causing a little front end lift. I found the spoiler an amusing touch.
Exactly the 2 reasons why i choose the subaru:

1. I was on a business trip to meet up with an important client. Can not afford to be stranded :4: .

2. I am curious on the legacy.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Yeah I probably wouldn't rent a car I already own. Part of the rental experience is to drive a car different from yours, and subconciously I'd probably be less inclined to wring it out if it were similar to my car.

A few months ago I rented a 2005 4Runner for a week and had a great time testing its limits and realizing how great the Murano really is. While the 4Runner felt like it was solid as a brick, the interior space was cramped (no headroom or legroom) and the truckish handling left me wanting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts