Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Down 9% from the year before. Nissan made the lease program worse for July and the sales dropped accordingly.

So far, however, the lease program for August remains the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, sales, up until July had been at a record pace all year. My point is that the lease deals have steadily gotten worse while the finance offers stayed the same, so I think Nissan finally hit the point where people are looking elsewhere because of the monthly lease payment.

Plus, I am sure that higher gas prices are not helping either.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mo's sales are only down 9%?!? Considering that only Maxima (with a new face now in stores) and Frontier (who knows why) out performed Mo for sales change in a company who's sales were down about 9.3% - and facing new competition (CX-7)...those numbers ain't bad!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I bet it is the best performance

for any SUV of it's size class all thos number for Nissan look dismal.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nissan isn't doing well because they are not responding to the market fast enough. They sell a third of the cars that Toyota does and half of what Honda did.

Nissan offers no hybrids and those vehicles consistently bring people's attention to your brand. Combine that with a lot of smart car buyers knowing that 07 brings some real changes to your line and you have to work extra hard to sell cars.

Infiniti is in the same boat. They are ignoring the hybrid move claiming they are a performance brand yet Lexus proved you can make hybrids that perform. Of course the quality level at Lexus is worlds apart better than Infiniti and Lexus recently introduce new Is perform as well if not better than similarly priced Infinitis. Lexus sells 3 times the cars as Infiniti, same as the Nissan to Toyota difference.

All of this means that is if you want a good deal on a Nissan or Infiniti you should be able to leverage their falling sales into your favor. Especially at Infiniti, my local dealer is one of those list price types, but a nearby dealer is now allowing to equip, price, and even submit a "bid" on new Infinitis. They show both MSRP and Invoice prices (not the true invoice price - the type that KBB/Edmunds show). Thats a good step.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Gosen is quoted in Forute Mag

As being very leery of Hybrids. Says small cars are a better way to go as the cost of the Hybrid technology costs too much to develop and to build.

He is fairly clear in the article (which focus on his potential takeover of the CEO spot of GM) The article says he considers the GM effort on Fuel cell a "Moon Shot" a waste of resources.

So go figure. PS does your MSRP dealer sell many cars at MSRP?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think consumers are waiting for the 07's now. There is also a lot of competitive noise in the auto world right now (at least in Canada)....very agressive discounting by the domestics...it's pretty hard to be heard above all the promotional stuff.

I don't think hybrids are the reason for these declines....maybe a small contributing factor - but not "THE" reason.

Honda's doing well cause of the civic...the accord is selling poorly (from what I've heard).

Toyota is doing well b/c of the new Camary / Yaris / Rav...

Nissan's items are coming....Versa is just about to hit the market in a big way, Maxima is on the lots now, Altima in September, etc. etc. etc Will these cars allow Nissan to surpass Toyota? Nope - but it will curb the sales.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts