Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in Canada been able to get one of these bad boys for anything less than MSRP ($40481 for SL)?

·
Registered
82 Posts
87gta; this is what user name jaak wrote in the "comparisons" forum: click on the forums link (top left) and then click on comparisons, then i think its the "murano vs mdx and rx300" link or something like that (if wanna read the whole trail).

"Just goes to show, there's some weird pricing changes when you go across the border to Canada.

The Murano starts at 39,500 CDN(25,007 U.S.), and the RX300 starts at 51,600 CDN (32,668 U.S.) for the base models.

A loaded RX300 is $54,386 CDN ($34,431 U.S.) and a loaded Murano with the NAV is $49,900 ($31,592 U.S.). I can see that it wouldn't be hard for Lexus to meet the Nissan pricing, if you're buying at the high end."

·
4,664 Posts
Thanks Dubfly...

I've been to the Nissan dealership in Milton (just west of Toronto) and also to 401 Dixie Nissan in Mississauga (Not quite as far, but still West) and both have been very up front about the pricing. They use the pricing published on Nissan Canada's website, plus the dealer prep. and taxes.

Are you including dealer prep in that price?

·
Registered
82 Posts
i have no idea. i just copied it from that forum for you. "jaak" actually wrote that. i suggest sending him/her a message about that. i'm curious though.

·
4,664 Posts
According to the Nissan Canada website, the price for an SL, Including Destination and Delivery charges, is $40,481.

This isn't printed anywhere, but if you go to the Payment Estimator and put in a down payment on Finance section of $40,481 and check off the "Include Destination & Delivery Charges" box, the monthly payments are $0

So, although the listed price is 39,500, you have to cough up another $981 to get the vehicle out the door (plus taxes, of course!).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The $40,481 is the correct MSRP including freight, in Canadian dollars.

What I was wondering is if anyone who has bought one in Canada has been able to wrangle a better deal than full MSRP. Or are the dealers holding onto the "it's brand new and we can sell it for whatever we want" attitude.

·
4,664 Posts
I'm working a deal, but it involves a trade-in so it's difficult to determine what the real pricing is, to make it work.

And yes... Canadian $. (Maybe that's why I said the Nissan Canada Website?) Easy one to gloss over, I suppose....

I'll let you know the detail, when it's done, but that won't be for a couple of weeks yet.

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
87gta said:
The $40,481 is the correct MSRP including freight, in Canadian dollars.

What I was wondering is if anyone who has bought one in Canada has been able to wrangle a better deal than full MSRP. Or are the dealers holding onto the "it's brand new and we can sell it for whatever we want" attitude.
I just bought one on Sat. Black SE, and yup.. you guess it right.. no one is willing to deal, due to the recent release. They are moving quick though..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone tried a broker? I was quoted $52K and change from www.cars4u.com for an SE without Nav... on the road.

I'm still looking for something better though!
:twisted:

·
Registered
180 Posts
87gta said:
Has anyone in Canada been able to get one of these bad boys for anything less than MSRP ($40481 for SL)?
Yup. I picked up mine (SL w/sunroof) around the end of January and got about 3.5% off :D . I had a little ammo, though: I'd picked up an 02 Frontier SE CC for my wife only a little over a year earlier, plus I've referred 4 friends who bought their vehicles at the same dealership. I just threatened to stop the PR work. I don't know whether that influenced it or not, but by the sounds of it, it sure didn't hurt, based on the deal I got.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a follow up... After having the dealer tell me that they would not reduce the price at all from full MSRP, I went to Calgary, where there are 3 dealerships (only one in my city) to see what they would do. They immediately suggested that they would give me a deal, so I was prepared to go there to buy one - they had lots in stock.

I decided that given the pain to go there to get it I would give my dealer one shot. I let him (the manager) know that I would prefer to buy locally, but I was absolutely prepared to go to Calagry to get a deal. At the end of the day I negotiated to a 6% discount!! I am really happy with that, given the fact that there are no deals or incentives to be found on these.

I ordered one for an April delivery. Silver SL. Can't wait!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there,
Two dealers here quoted me $39,000 for the SL everything incl. and plus taxes. I got my blue SE for $45,100. People told me it's a very good deal.
I'm in Montreal area, by the way.

Mark C.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cdn Pricing

Just purchased a silver SE without NAV on the road price including GST/PST at $51,800 in Toronto. Sales guy and dealership were terrific. Delivery is in a week or so.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's a good price! Much better than LIST. What colour did you order? I'd like to go with Chrome Silver w/ Charcoal leather.

<Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
ChanMan

Silver with Charcoal interior is what I ordered. We wanted the pewter with cabernet interior but the dealer told me that combination was just not available anywhere.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The way thing$ are going for me, I'll have enough saved by the end of the year for my SE. So I wonder what's new for 2004? :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased an SL with sunroof in Calgary for $2200 CAD below MRSP. Not sure if this is good or bad but better than I expected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased an SL with sunroof in Toronto for $2180 CAD below MRSP. I had a trade in as well. So not really sure I got a good deal. But I was very happy with the value they give me for my trade in. Overall it was within my Budget.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts