Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Probably that and the increase migration away from traditional SUVs towards crossover vehicles.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
No wonder i saw a lot of murano everywhere i go around the east coast area....

My gosh... i saw them everywhere: on the highways, parkings, shopping malls garages, movie theatres, grocery stores, car washes.

·
5,268 Posts
You have to try Murano to really appreciate it. When I bought it I was in the market for a good sedan. Could not find one. A SUV was last on my mind. Then I tried Murano! It had almost all I wanted – good handling, power, acceleration, plenty of space, LOOK!, and on and on……….so I ended up with Murano instead of sedan.

SUV-mania will end soon. It is just plain stupid. Crossover will take over.

Just my 2c

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I would have bought a crossover a lot sooner if they had made them.

What I want in my main Vehicle
1- Reliability
2- Height - I do not like to be "down on the road"
3- Comfort/luxury
4- High speed touring/good performance
5- Good looks
6- Flexible cargo arrangements

Despite the fact that they look like they are "prioritized" they are all "must haves".

What I will not buy
1- A truck, no matter what you call it.

So, that's why I had a minivan.
Before the crossovers this was the only way for me to go.
I was always grousing about the lack of power.
And Chrysler, despite my having a trouble free Town and Country, had not solved the flexible cargo requirement satisfactorily. You still had to remove the seats in 03 and in 04.
The Murano to me will always be a short minivan.
Design wise, I love it.

Execution IMO, leaves a lot to be desired.
I will not buy another Nissan in my lifetime the way I feel today. But an intelligent answer to the Alternator and the Transmission maintenance/warranty items would go a long way in fixing that.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
RandyMax said:
Check out the 180% increase in sales on the PATHFINDER. :4:

Goodjob, Nissan.
The Pathfinder recently came in 2nd in a comparo by Car and Driver, beating the 4Runner, Explorer, Touareg, and Montero. The new JGC came in 1st.

Nissan has since exploited this review by saying the 'Finder is better than all those it beat, without mentioning it did not win the comparo. Still, its a very impressive showing for Nissan and the JGC did have an unfair advantage in that the editors bought one with the Hemi. Stick a 5.6L Endurance V8 into the Pathy and lets have a rematch!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts