Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mo save me today from chewing on the underbelly of a moving truck. I was following a single axle five ton moving truck at the speed limit 60kmh when he shifted from the curb lane we were into the center lane and just as I starting to pass him in the curb lane he made a sudden right turn in front of me into a driveway (no turn signal). On pure reaction I hit the binders on the wet road surface and a quick bit of steering put me on the boulevard parallel to the truck cab as he entered the driveway. The murano had me stopped dead in a little more than two car lengths.

Driving any other vehicle and I would have been toast. The MO saved me with style and didn't even flinch. I was impressed this is a great vehicle with awesome brakes given bad conditions.

Count me in as a believer.

·
5,268 Posts
I'm glad you were so lucky!

I am believer also. After discovering how good the MO brakes are I fund myself constantly watching who and how close is driving behind.

Just recently I was driving on an Interstate (Atlanta) when suddenly I saw traffic stopped. OK I braked too, but did it gentle! I still had many yards space between me and the car at front of me. Not so the car behind me - despite being a quite distance he could not brake in time! Luckily the left lane (emergency) was empty and he could pull over...............scary moment..........I was watching all of this in my rear view mirror.....:mad:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
The Goodyear tires are always under attack by people who know not what they talk about.
As you can see, they are very, very good on dry traction (Car & Driver) and wet traction too.
Many people have also lauded their ability in snow, while recognizing that they are a compromise All Weather tire.

Homer

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
hfelknor said:
As you can see, they are very, very good on dry traction (Car & Driver) and wet traction too.
Many people have also lauded their ability in snow, while recognizing that they are a compromise All Weather tire.

Homer
I've really tried hard to get the MO stuck in snowbanks and ice fields. It won't even hiccup. I have total confidence in this AWD system. These tires work great. I would replace them with identical tires without any second thoughts. Your experience may vary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts