Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine hooking a cable to the back of a Murano, lifting it 100 feet into the air with a crane, and dropping it on its nose.

That's precisely what our 2003 SE looks like.

The wife hit a tree head-on Saturday night. All the bags deployed as advertised and she got out of the car alive.

She is currently recouperating with bruises, cuts and is in a lot of pain, but I am convinced this car saved her life. Well done Nissan.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Glad to hear your wife is OK, hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Remember that autos can be replaced, people cannot.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I agree with Matrix. Godspeed to your wifes' recovery. I am also glad to hear that the MO offered good protection.

·
Registered
323 Posts
a major reason I bought it over MDX was the Side curtain bags and Brake assist and force distribution. Glad she's OK. Get another for her.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Jimb, I dont know if it is possible, or even a proper thing to ask, but do you have any photos of the MO after the impact? I would like to see how it held up, both inside and outside the MO.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Please pass along the best wishes of the forum to your wife. Glad she will be OK.
I'm sure it is too early to ask this but since you credit the MO with saving her life, will you replace the MO with a new MO? I assume the MO is beyond repair.
Bob1

·
4,664 Posts
Sorry to hear that happened, but thanks for sharing it with us. I wish her a speedy recovery as well. I hope you get a new one and it never happens again!

Is it considered totalled? From the sounds of it, I think it is.

It would be interesting to know what value they assign to it. Afterall, if still intact, the navigation system itself, as parts is worth a few thousand. There's other things as well that would be good salvage, such as the back wheels for those who want full size spares, and the TPMS.

It used to be there wasn't much of value behind the firewall, but things are changing.

I'm sure we'd be interested in hearing more, if you feel comfortable disclosing it.

But most important, take care of your wife!!!:(

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the good wishes. She is feeling better today, however, body aches all over. I am back at work today and as I am telling friends this story, I have nothing but praise for this car in terms of saving her life. I'll keep you folks posted on the appraisal, etc., that is hopefully taking place today.

As far as a total loss/repairable - I'll let you folks know. I don't know yet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car was declaired a total loss yesterday. Will be replaced by a 2004 SE AWD - Midnight Blue with Cafe Latte leather. Anyone have this combo? Sounds great, haven't seen one yet. We take delivery on Friday.

Again - THIS CAR SAVED MY WIFE'S LIFE. I wouldn't put her in anything else.

The collision shop guy told me today he attended an insurance institute training seminar last week. They discussed crumple zones, occupant protection, etc. He told me our car - after thorough analysis - performed precisely as it was designed to.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I am glad your wife is OK...I have an 04 SL Blue with latte interior...great color combo....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's good to hear you like the color combo. They didn't have one on the lot - they have to bring it in from Maryland. Tomorrow we're supposed to pick it up.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My first choice was a Midnight Blue with cafe latte interior, but there weren't any available at that time with the options I wanted. So, I got the charcoal interior instead. A co-worker who parks in the same parking lot I do has a blue with cafe latte interior, and it really looks sharp!

There's really not a bad color combo for the Murano, is there? :2:

Jeff

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep - I agree, all the colors look good. I can't wait to see it tomorrow! They're talking noon-1 timeframe. Will be nice to get back to "normal." Thanks everyone for your kind wishes/concerns. =

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I am sorry to ask, but that one fast insurance claim settlement you have....

...great insurance company. What is it if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
State Farm.

I was impressed too.

A friend of mine (actually his wife) was involved in a bad accident a couple of years ago - Progressive was their company - and it took them four months.

·
Registered
17 Posts
State Farm is excellent. I had a homeowner's claim with them last year for a lightning strike and they took care of everything exceptionally quickly and far beyond my expectations. I've insured my cars with them for the last 17 years and they have never let me down.

As far as the new Murano, the blue/latte combo is gorgeous. That's the combo I originally decided to buy...when I went to the dealership with my wife to pick it up, it was detailed and ready to go. She thought that the silver would be easier to keep clean, so we ended up with a silver/charcoal. She was right, but I still wish I had gone with the blue or copper.

Glad your wife is OK and I'm also glad to hear the car performed as specified in the crash. Good luck with the new one! :D

Oh, and PS...I'd love to see some pics of the totalled car if you have any. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts