Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the new struts and shocks this weekend. Not really tough to do. You have to take off the cowl cover. The strut bearing mounting bolts are a bit blind and tough to reach. Here are a few pics:

Did the rear pads while we were there

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
TopazM3-

Nice pix.

Now for the million dollar question... does she handle better? Are you happy with the results?

-njjoe

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the wifey's car... I've only driven it about 4 miles to check everything out after the repairs. I'll take it out this WE. It needed an alignment before the replacement.... haven't arranged that yet. The wet spot? Just got excited to get it finished!! : ) There are no leaks or low fluids. I'll look it over this WE.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Great pictures! Looking forward to the review.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Great pics.

I just received my H&R Springs and I will be dismantling the suspension soon. It's good to see it looks pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Look at your CVT, it is leaking.

I see on your pictures that your CVT is leaking.
Check it. I think you will need to replace CVT and transfer case

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Any updates to either the leak or impressions of the GR2's yet?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As you'd expect, the shocks made ride and handling feel much better. Worth the effort and time.

Got under the transaxle after jacking the car up and there is some weeping from what seems to be the side cover of the transaxle, at the gasket where it attaches to the main tranny housing. The Murano manual has 198 pages on the CVT, almost all of which are electrical test functions. There is no good exploded diagram of the tranny, but it seems to be the side cover. Don't know what this means.... level is fine, there's been no spots on the floor etc. Any body have any history of this or other great ideas?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The leak is more likely from the transfer case (where the axles attach) - leaky transfer cases have been rather common on Muranos, so it would be a good idea to have it addressed at the dealership.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts