Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this is getting ridiculous... I went for a walk with the family last night and discovered:

The guy across the street's daughter has a Murano, she was visiting him last night. All three streets that connect to mine, have a silver Murano and another Silver on a street that connects to one of those.

Uh, I think this thing's pretty popular around here! I almost got Silver, 'cause I really like it. Now I'm happy I didn't!!! I can see one every corner I turn!:D

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I rarely see silvers, I mainly see black or white ones around Atlanta.
I saw a gold one last night.
There is one silver on my way over to my Dad's house, my kid's say, "hey Dad, somebody stole ur Mo!" When the folks are outside of that silver's house, they wave and smile when I pass by.
:D

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the Gold was the first Murano I ever saw being prepped for sale and is also the first colour I drove. I'm surprised they are so rare, and even more so now, that it's no longer available.

I see a lot of silvers around, the occasional copper and pewter, a few blacks and there's a white somewhere around here too.

Amazing... From being chased by people asking "What is it?" to seeing them everywhere!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I saw a great looking blonde in a Blue Murano yesterday as I was driving home from work, but she was unresponsive to my stares. Little did she know that I was drooling over the MO and not her.

·
Registered
781 Posts
On two seperate instances this weekend - I was 1 of 3 Muranos driving in a pack. Once it was me with 2 silver and the next was me with 2 white.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Yeah, quite a few of them on the road these days. But so far I haven't had ANYONE wave back to me. I've had a couple of strange stares while waving at them, but I just don't think they get it that I'm waving because we both have MOs.

Kinda funny. Del Sol drivers almost always wave at each other. And they're popular cars! All over the place! Something as special as a MO, you would think people would have that connection. But I guess the typical SUV driver doesn't really think that way... It's only us weird, dorky, fanatical MO drivers on this forum that are that way... :2:

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go back a year and a half and they ALL waved... I still get the occasional one, but not so much now.

Saw a couple of guys on bikes wave to each other on the highway. They were going past each other at 120 (60 each direction) and waved across a median to each other. That's dedication.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I see many around here... One down the street from where I live, one at work. Most popular color seems to be Silver up here.

I think that this organization needs a secret wave.... then we will know, not only is he a MO owner but is also a member.

Hmmm what would be a good wave?

I know how about a flow or your hand from left to right... smooth, like the CVT? At chest level with hand flat out so its sort of a waive but not quite. :cool:

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
silver seems very common now but still it looks pretty nice on Mo. although our town is not THAT big, but still i see lots of MOs around here. the other day at grocery store, there were 2 Mos parked side by side, one from AB, and one from MB, yeppp... you got it right, i put my 3rd SK one in the middle..... it was really rare to see 3 province registration on same color, same cars.....

·
Registered
828 Posts
Too many. I was driving home from work the other day and there were 3 of us, and all silver!

But it's a good thing.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Yeah I see quite a few Muranos around, but they never wave back at me. Not quite the same Corvette community "family factor" I was hoping for.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
The other day on an intersection I came to a stop next to another Murano that was full of what seemed to be high school girls. As soon as they saw my car they started to wave and scream and smile. One of them even went up from the sunroof and started to wave at me from up there. Naturally I waved back and smiled and felt quite happy that I finally saw people going crazy over seeing another Murano.

The light turned green and they took off. On the next intersection I cought up with them, they were stopped next to a Toyota camry or something, waving and screaming and smiling at the camry, one of them from the sunroof..........:confused: :confused: :3: :3:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live just north of Toronto and there are silver MO's all over the place. in the past four months i've seen a least 10 in our neigborhood. Silver is the definite favorite color for MOs here, rarely see black or white and i've never seen a blue
I originally wanted a Pewter, (great color) and thought seriously about the copper, but settled on black when the dealer couldn't find a new 04 pewter and when i had second thoughts about whether copper would still hold up as a current color 10 years from now (i've always kept my vehicles for at least 10 years)
Very happy with black, its the classic color any time of day or night, and any time of year and with the darker tint it gets a lot of looks looks. Just wish it wouldn't get so dirty so fast, and i've picked up a couple of stone chips that shout out on black until i touch em up.
bucear

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
zebelkhan said:
The other day on an intersection I came to a stop next to another Murano that was full of what seemed to be high school girls. As soon as they saw my car they started to wave and scream and smile. One of them even went up from the sunroof and started to wave at me from up there. Naturally I waved back and smiled and felt quite happy that I finally saw people going crazy over seeing another Murano.

The light turned green and they took off. On the next intersection I cought up with them, they were stopped next to a Toyota camry or something, waving and screaming and smiling at the camry, one of them from the sunroof..........:confused: :confused: :3: :3:
HA! You can never tell what girls are thinking. ESPECIALLY high school girls... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
95 Posts
It never fails to amaze me. You never see one until you get one and then they come out of the woodwork or should I say woodshed????:p

Years ago, I had a 1977 baby blue Firebird Esprit(Skybird edition) and there was one more in the town next to me. We would always wave and smile when we saw each other. She had Whodat on her tag and I had BYEBYE. Boy, that was a car I wish I kept!!! It had 230,000 miles on it when I got talked out of by a Pontiac car salesman in 1989. I traded it for a Gran Am which was in the shop every month for a year. Some kind of module problem, they would say it was fixed but it never was. It stopped me on the expressway one morning right after getting it out of the shop, had to have it towed back in. I finally got rid of it and got a Chevrolet. After that episode and the chevy I started getting smart and no more american cars.

I have a white one and I do see silver all the time. I got right beside a silver one yesterday and I kept trying to get the lady's attention but she was on the phone. I like to think we are sorta family when we buy the same kind of car.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Almost everyday on my way to work I pass this 50+ year old guy. We've exchanged hellos well over 20 times. Now I have to somehow get his attention so that he recognizes its me...if not, I'll miss that wave!:(

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He's probably wondering what happened to you.

Saw a gold one today, in the sea of silver, black, white and a pewter. Really stood out. Didn't see any copper though.

The best part, is I like them in every colour!

·
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, forgot to mention I saw a silver on HWY400 on the median, stopped. First thought I had was, oh, too late I'm 3 lanes from him, I'll never get there fast enough and I bet it's a failed alternator. No flat tires.:(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yesterday I saw 1 Charcol and 2 silver. There`s a black one running in my area.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts