Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd really like to see Nissan offer a SR pkg for the Murano...and make it more than just trim. Using the Maxima as a template, I'd love to see the flat-bottom steering wheel with perforated leather insert, the console knob that controls the infotainment screen, the contrast color stitching, the brushed aluminum trim and last but not least, the 300hp VQ 3.5! Even if it was only offered in FWD, I'd still love to see that happen. The paddle shifters I could take or leave.
The exterior could use the blackout similar to what was offered on the midnight trim...and maybe the quad tip exhaust outlets.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I know I don't like the exhaust tips on the 2021, and I've been looking at some round triple tips in polished chrome, as well as elongated dual tips in polished chrome. The rear of the car is very lackluster. I'm also toying with the idea of modifying the honeycomb-like grille using two 1st Gen grilles, cutting out the middles of both (that has the Nissan badge) and merging them. Always loved that grille. Was going to install the Curt tow hitch, but don't like the way this one looks on current Muranos. Too low and arches back and under and looks wimpy, like a U-Haul hitch. I might utilize that plastic black cover under the center rear bumper and install a fake hitch, just for show. I don't plan to tow anything anyway.

I'd welcome a different shifter. The current one is boring and gets in the way of things. I can't remember what car it was, but one my old cars had a flat handle that was offset, and the engage button was on the left of the flat-like grab handle that you used your thumb to depress. I want to say it was a Pontiac. What I was thinking is something that looks like the thruster control lever in Galaxy Quest, combined with the sleekness of Serleena's ship from MIB2. Cut off a third from the narrow end (making sure to leave some pointed-like, triangular cut-out streaks to tie in with the exterior lines) and within those streaks is a spring-loaded, lighted button that's depressed with the thumb...all chrome and offset so it's well away from the cup holders and that small bin in front of the media ports. For an even better visual the shifter would have the trailing rounded-tipped streaks of the MO headlights, but the front would be rounded like the other two things I mentioned. Picture a black cylinder within that chromed handle that contains a lighted, spring-loaded button that sticks out enough so that your thumb could depress it a little, but your thumb would travel inward slightly between those rounded-tipped streaks.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts