Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, while I work in Rochester, NY... I am originally from Long Island and while I was home visiting my family over the thanksgiving 4 day weekend, I passed a Nissan Murano "SS" on the Long Island Expressway. Normally, it would say s, sl, or se, but this said ss? When i saw it, there were alot of aftermarket changes made to it, so I was assuming maybe it had be re-badged with the ss instead of the traditional... but I got to talking to a friend one day and he informed me that Japan released a super charged 3.8 v-6 version of the MO but he wasnt sure what it was called or if it even was made available in the States. He said that it was a limited edition release in japan that was supposed to compete with the higher model fx45.... I guess I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything of this super-charged model: If it actually exists and if that might have been the "SS" model that I saw over thanksgiving.:20: :20:

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Never heard about the SS...

I went to the nissan japan website , in japanese (I spoke it) and coulnt find any info at all on any SS trim.

While it is not impposible that nissan make a turbo version of murano, the cvt willl definetely need to be beefed up. FYI, Nissan already daring themselves to put cvt on a 250 HP murano currently.
Our MO is among the 1st in the market that much of HP is put on CVT.

·
4,601 Posts
Reminds me of the time a friend of mine told another guy I was riding a Yoshimura Triumph. Yoshi doesn't do Triumphs...

At least it made the guy feel better about me being stuck to him on his Suzuki Katana. The truth was, I was just a lot better rider.

This is the first I have ever heard of an SS Murano, so I'm doubtful it exists. Besides, I've never seen Nissan put SS on anything. Has anyone else?

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup.. Thats what I was figuring... I guess the person must have just de-badged it and then added another S or something to that effect...

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Just out of curiousity, what were the aftermarket changes that were done to it?

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from the external point of view (because we were driving) I saw vent visors, chromed front and rear bumper protectors, real working engine hood swoop, tinted windows, stickers that indicated engine work, painted brake calipers.... thats all that I can really remember.... I was tempted to follow the driver to their exit just to ask them about it... but the turkey dinner waiting for me at home was calling...:p

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, it would have been an interesting conversation, to say the least....

If I had money to burn, I'd supercharge one, just for the heck of it and to see how long the CVT lasted...

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Or ... someone steal the letter "S" from

another SL or SE mo...Someone is loosing the S :p
Perhaps the guy had a old NISSAN badge and took the SS out of it and stuck it on the MO

·
Registered
438 Posts
OMG, LOL, I can pretty much picture that ghetto ride if I close my eyes. It wasn't the supposedly functional hood scoop (highly doubt that, btw), it was the part about decals to indicate engine work was done. Too bad you couldn't snap a photo or it could have made it in here:
http://www.beaterz.com/

Isn't SS a Chevy trim level (supersport) that older generation, and a few newer chevy's have had?

jaak, Yoshimura Triumph... that's awesome :D:D:D:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have also seen Bugatti and Ducati use the SS term.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I don't know what all the fuss is about..............
I've been driving a SS Murano since 3/03.
It was a natural thought with how much I liked my Sheer Silver MO! :D

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ohh man it's finally happened. a murano that's suffere the inevitable ricer. caused the mo to have an identity crisis. i hate people that degrade fine automobiles

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha... amen to that!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts