Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all European Mo'sters

My original Goodyears are ready for replacement after just 25'000 km, so I'm looking for a tire that offers more km/Euro. I've got additional Winter Tires and now I'm looking for real Summer Tires. A lot of the tires recommended by our American pals are not available in Switzerland and in Europe. What do you drive on?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I would think the Bridgestone HP Dueler Sports are avail in Europe. (I have no idea of the actual sequence.....could be Dueler HP Sport. ;) )
They are summer tires only and I will be ordering mine tomorrow.
They are slightly different sized 265-60/18 I believe .
The Miatanet calculator figures them at 1.6% smaller on diameter.

Homer

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Homer

thanks for the hint. In the Swiss mountains, the Bridgestones are called "Dueler Highway / Performance 680". Have you heard anything about their durability? The milage of the Goodyears was really disappointing!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
You must drive like a madman. :)

Be careful that the tire you mentioned is not the "sport" model.
There is a lesser tire known as the BD HP Dueler. It is an "all season" tire.

JUST SAW THE 680. IT MAY BE A FINE TIRE, BUT IT IS NOT A SUMMER TIRE. IT IS AN "ALL SEASON" TIRE.

No, I haven't heard much about the Sport. It is too new. My Tire guy recos it tho. He is also a dealer for:

Bridgestone/Firestone
Michelin
Goodyear
Cooper
B.F. Goodrich
Pro Comp
Mickey Thompson
Falken
Toyo

To be sure, I don't have 100% confidence that I am doing the right thing.
Micky is an ex racer tho and he has been in biz for over 20 years at the same location.

There just aren't a lot of tires avail for the Murano at all and to my knowledge, the BS sport is the ONLY summer tire that I know of.

I don't want the general "clunkiness" of an all season and don't need the road noise f an aggressive tread.
Micky did say, that he would expect the rod noise to be about equal to the GY OEM all season tire because the GY does not have an aggressive tread and the BS will be wider, putting more rubber on the road.

We have a deal. If the tire is too noisy (or has any other problems) he is willing to trade them for the Michelin Cross Terrain or the OEM GYs.

Too bad there are no Euro opinions here.......

Homer

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
It may be easier to find replacement tires for European MOs since they are shod with 225/65-18 as compared to 235/65-18 here in North America.

-njjoe

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hfelknor said:
You must drive like a madman. :)

Homer
Hey Homer, not really, but maybe our tarmac isn't as smooth as the american one. Beeing over the 40ies borderline, I consider myself a quiet, relaxed but also fast driver. Average highway speed is like in N.Y. i.e. 140 to 150 km/h, good mix between highway and normal roads, no extreme cornering, just going fast ....

I think all the tires have worse mileage in Europe compared to the States, BOCTAOE

I am really interested in your experiences!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Redhouse,

Your selection here in EU is quite narrow, as the dimension on our MOs is very rare (225/65R18).
And as I know the homologation regulations in CH are very stricked.
You have an option of Toyo Proxes S/T, which is quite a good tyre (I had it on my BMW), not expensive, but the treadwear is so so.
I would go fot it!
On my MO I have 255/50R19 (homologated in Germany) Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico and at 30.000km there is still enough profile... and I have the opposite problem...I'm looking for a 19" winter or all season tyre (maybe you know the rules in Slovenia - from Nov. 15. to Mar. 15. winter tyres obligatory or summer tyres with 4mm profile and chains on the wheels in case of snow on the road). I was thinking about Hankook Ventus ST RH06 all season, but they say that they are very bad on snow!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts