Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I go over speed bumps or rough roads I hear a loud chirp from the rear both sides. Anybody know about this problem. I have a SE.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have an SL and have never heard any such noise. It sounds that maybe the wheels are travelling farther than they should be.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Chirping sound evident in both my muranos

Have had the problem with the first murano and with my replacement one. Will have it checked out tomorrow at Nissan USA's intervention and report it here when they get it figured out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Suspension noise and local dealership

:( Well, talk about totally unimpressed, disappointed, frustrated, and downright angry!
The "higher rated" of the two local dealers (I purchased the vehicle out-of-state since both dealers cannot get allocation 'cause they don't know how to sell vehicles) totally wasted my day. They "test drove the vehicle and found nothing." The test drive was all of 1.6 miles (I had taken down the mileage between the time I left it with them and the time they said all was completed).
So the thumping sound remains. Additionally, I have a spring squeaking sound coming from the left rear each time I enter or leave the vehicle. Sometimes I can hear it just moving inside the vehicle while it is in park.

So much for Nissan USA trying to get this thing fixed. No wonder they have a complete manual dedicated simply for consumers dealing with various state lemon laws. :twisted:

·
Registered
116 Posts
There was a post on freshalloy.com regarding this same issue. I remember one person said that the dealership replaced the rear suspension under warranty. He even listed the parts and part numbers that were replace. I suggest you check that out and print it and give it to the service manager.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Suspension

Nissan refuses to address this problem saying that there is no problem. As a result, it remains. I have owned Honda and Lexus badged vehicles and they have the right ideas about customer concerns. Their service centers do not have large blown-up posters with check marks in the "excellent" categories re: service, etc., plastered throughout their service departments. Such is the case with Nissan. I refuse to be brainwashed into that mentality. The probem is more widespread than Nissan wants to responsibly address.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts