Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just bought a 2009 murano car wouldnt move but crawl forward and backwards and you could here pump in transmission screaming so i pulled transmission pan checked screen and it was plugged so put new screen and new fluid and no more pump noise car drives perfect. But when you drive and then slow down and then try to speed back up the car wont rev over 2000 rpms and wont move shut off and restart fine again for like 5 mins than will repeat prosses and good again for few mins any ideas. And yes iam new to this fourm

·
Registered
161 Posts
so i just bought a 2009 murano car wouldnt move but crawl forward and backwards and you could here pump in transmission screaming so i pulled transmission pan checked screen and it was plugged so put new screen and new fluid and no more pump noise car drives perfect. But when you drive and then slow down and then try to speed back up the car wont rev over 2000 rpms and wont move shut off and restart fine again for like 5 mins than will repeat prosses and good again for few mins any ideas. And yes iam new to this fourm
good news or bad news? I have an 09 and it has the older model jatco cvt tranny.

internally the cvt is complex but really there's a few chains on "gears" and a variating part that's a cylinder that moves in and out and metal bearings in there wear out and get stuck which eventually blows up the tranny.

solution? rebuild transmission. not new transmission or used, but a rebuilt one where the fault parts are replaced.

I had mine done for $2500. if anything happens again though I will buy a different car.

I apologize for the bad news but the transmission is done.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts