Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Don't care for the look of it. Our last Ford (well Mercury) was a lemon so I am in no mood to buy from them again.

I take it the new Mazda will be based on the same platform? At least the Mazda looks good.

·
5,244 Posts
Merged these two threads to avoid duplications.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Here are somepics of other upcoming SUV/corssoversdisplayed at the Detroit auto show.

Buick Enclave - I like the way it looks. I also like Buick's trademark of using the 3 vent holes (don't know the right word for it) that are on the sides of the hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hyundai Talus

This is sweet looking.... a boxster on 'roids??? ..without all the muscle and cost...

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Been a looong time since I said I really liked a Hyundai. I REALLY like the look of this suv. Is this production, or a 'show queen'? I note that the Mazda front end that was so elegant got butchered in production...

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Hyundai Talus?? You said that is a Hyundai? You must be mistaken. That's obviously a high-end, high-HP, sophisticated-technology, designed in Germany, Porsche. :D

I think Hyundai may have a real winner on their hands with this one. That's a damn good-looking car.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
The buick Enclave looks like.... a Buick. Nothing special. Nothing that sets it apart from the rest of the pack. The design, in my opinion, looks "neutral".

-njjoe

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
All I can think of when I see "Buick" (I'm admittedly very hard on GM) is that c1975 3.8l supercharged V6 that manages 190 hp, seats from a GMC truck that are flat as a board, and a marshmallow ride. I hope not.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Lately, all crossovers look pretty much the same... the Mazda CX-7 looks pretty much like a Mo...

The Enclaves' rear looks like a Taureg.. and the front end of the Talus looks like an FX..

·
5,244 Posts
At least we have the ORIGINALS! :D

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
*meekishly raises his hand*

umm...i like...a....hyundai :p

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Why I bought the MO and what I want in a new SUV

All strictly IMHO:

1. Cannot have 3 rows of seats (or provision for them) - Putting the 3rd row in a vehicle of this size compromises 2nd row leg room and comfort, and compromises cargo space behind the rear seat

2. Must have a range (with reserve) consistently over 400 miles

3. 2nd row must be as comfortable as the front (within the limits of the "bench" seat

4. Must have HID headlights

5. Must have adequate HP/torque for the type of driving we routinely do in the west

1,2,4,5 disqualify the Tribeca

1 disqualifies the MDX, and kind of the Pilot (Pilot has a cavernous rear area)

We will see how these new entries measure up...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts