Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little bit of imsonia here, so i browse the jeep forums and found this: all new 2005 grand cherokee

I think it is kindda sweet, especially the hemi and nav options . Me and Dad has always been a big fan of cherokee's off road capability and macho look.
Now, from the options in this 05 model, seems that Jeep is starting to make cherokee to compete in the luxury brand class.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I think its an improvement over the previous JGC but really its in a different league than the Murano. If I were to compare, it would be the new 2005 Pathy against the 2005 JGC, not Murano, which is more of an urban cruiser than offroad crawler.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I had a 1993 Jeep GC for 11 years and 138,000 miles. Although I never had any major component failures (tranny, engine, etc.) it ate brakes like candy after the 3rd year of ownership. After doing some reading on a Jeep forum, I found that there is quite a problem with warping of rotors with some of the models, 1993 in particular. This knowledge was gathered after I traded the vehicle.

This would explain all of the brake jobs I endured over the course of years that I owned the vehicle. Unfortunately, each brake service got more and more expensive and I was a bit tired of driving the square box after so much time.

On the positive side, I never ever got stuck anywhere in deep snow. I had full-time 4 wheel drive and could pull out of a foot and 1/2 of packed stuff quite easily.

Mine was a no-frills vehicle. I had a nice stereo system, but it came with cloth seats, no sunroof or cd player, no heated seats....etc.
I had a 6 cylinder that ran reasonably well for a 190 hp machine. Although I didn't tow much, it was capable of 6000 lbs I believe.

I garage kept the vehicle for 11 years and had 1 or two minor chips, great paint quality and no fading.

I can't attest to the 2005 GC. It still looks a bit boxy to me with the front end resembling the Liberty and the rear end resembling a Ford Exploder. Not sure what the HP is on the V6. Interior looked kinda nice, though.

I wanted some pizazz and some toys and that's why I chose the MO. Don't think I'd ever go back to Jeep, though.

·
5,268 Posts
I agree with Eric - Murano and Jeep are not comparable. Murano is really an urban vehicle. Great cruiser and all around vehicle.

Jeep on the other hand is great for off road driving. Bur then ahain there are Toyotas, Nissans, not to mention good old Land Rover......if I were to select a vehicle for off road driving it would not be a Murano...........

·
Registered
834 Posts
I had a 95 Grand Cherokee V8, great vehicle. Even took it off-road as it got older. The problem is all (or most) off road areas are closed here in CT.

So you have a vehicle that is good off road but can't off road. With the Murano I have a lot of interior room and good, make that very good handling.

I did not like going above 65 MPH in the Grand. Where as 80 in the Murano is like 40 in the Grand. I'm sure the newer models have improved on handling but not as much as the Murano I would think.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Kris said:
I agree with Eric - Murano and Jeep are not comparable. Murano is really an urban vehicle. Great cruiser and all around vehicle.
As much as I would like to take my car off road I would not dare do it in the Murano. I just don't think its capable, nor designed for anything heavier then spirited runs across sand or dirt roads.

It's really a car in SUV clothing. I like it like that! :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts