Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
You just gotta' love that accent. I would buy a Yugo from her.

-njjoe

·
Registered
206 Posts
I agree, I would buy beach front property in Az from her. Seriously good video though. :cool:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
She makes me wonder....

Is ni'sen the way to pronounce the company name?

Homer

·
5,244 Posts
Common guys! Give her a break! She is really nice……..at least she is trying to use English…………..no an American slang………..and she is saying nice thing about Murano!

So “thumbs up for this commercial”!

Hm, on the second thought the steering wheel seems to be in the wrong place………or maybe it is only my impression…

·
4,601 Posts
Ah yes, yet another demonstration that every single english speaking country in the world says ZED except for one.

:p

I can't remember much of what she said, but whatever she was talking about, I want to buy. Nissan sounded correct to me...

Aluminium did jump out, however, because Canadians say Aluminum like our buddies to the south. Like Australia, we do have 350ZEDs and Camaro ZED28s, yet we go with ZEE ZEE Top and joke about ZED ZED Top and of course, the new Corvette that will blow your mind is the ZEE OH SIX.

We're such a flexible lot up here.

Oh, the other thing that grabbed my ear, is the common Aussie use of the word "heaps". The accent really jumps on that one. Made me want to go back for another visit and search out more relatives.

Well, gotta go watch it again. She's cute! And I'm curious what it was she was driving... :D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Best Nissan Murano commercial ever.

Car didn't look bad either! :D

Did anyone notice the huge rear mudflaps on the Australian version?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts

Did anyone notice the huge rear mudflaps on the Australian version? [/B]

I thought her "mudflaps" were just fine.:12:

-njjoe

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
a buddy of mine bought the mo from my strong admiration of her... (the MO not the model ;-). he is in sydney and love his MO. will be joining us pretty soon.

but i must say, a great commercial. why cant nissan usa or canada can come up with such nice things... the CNET guys have to send some bald joe schmo to test it out.....

get ladies !! sell car !!

easy rule of thumb

·
4,601 Posts
Eric L. said:
Did anyone notice the huge rear mudflaps on the Australian version?
Yeah, they are long... Longer than the ones that come on the Canuck version. I noticed a Murano that time, too!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Our Australian Design Rules mandate the fitting of mudflaps on SUVs to reduce the amount of water spray. The mudflaps need to be a certains size I believe.

I currently drive a CRV and there was a recall on the mudflaps because they didnt comply with the Design Rules. Too small I think was the problem so Honda had to replace them.

We have other strange rules like cars fitted with HIDs must have washers too.

·
4,601 Posts
The HIDs rule actually makes sense. Take a very bright light, put dust and dirt all over the lens and it will be diffused, causing a lot of glare. (Wish my Murano had that problem!)

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Greattttt

hasaanbhutta said:
a buddy of mine bought the mo from my strong admiration of her... (the MO not the model ;-). he is in sydney and love his MO. will be joining us pretty soon.

but i must say, a great commercial. why cant nissan usa or canada can come up with such nice things... the CNET guys have to send some bald joe schmo to test it out.....

get ladies !! sell car !!

easy rule of thumb
My younger sister lives in Sydney, Australia. I will see if I can persuade her to get a Murano.
So when I am visiting her thid DEC, I will be driving the same car I am driving here in northern US. :2:

·
5,244 Posts
Re: Greattttt

SugarRushMurano said:

My younger sister lives in Sydney, Australia. I will see if I can persuade her to get a Murano.
We will see how influencial you are......;)

Good luck with your trip DownUnder....

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I watched this commercial several times and besides the gal's good looks and accent, I also noticed the real life presentation of the Murano, that is, the dust and dirt on the carpet and dash, the large scratch by the ignition switch, and the creases and cracks on the driver seat buttom.....things I could easily relate to!

I liked the fact that the car was being driven through reall streets by a real person...Why can't they do the same in the US?

I agree. This is the best Nissan commercial ever...

·
4,601 Posts
Is is budget or an inherent BS filter that Australians are built with?

I like the approach too. It was like a biased test drive, but it gives more real world info than an flashy commercial.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jaak said:
Is is budget or an inherent BS filter that Australians are built with?

I like the approach too. It was like a biased test drive, but it gives more real world info than an flashy commercial.
yeah we dont like dealing with too much BS down under :)

oh and Nissan claims this is a "review" but we all know its a commercial :p

·
5,244 Posts
bigdongers said:

yeah we dont like dealing with too much BS down under :)

Yep, you put it the right way.....;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts