Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as my wife and I are concerned, this is the choice we've narrowed it down to. Once they're equally configured (which requires adding the cold package, popular package, traction package, and nav system to the Murano SE; touring & nav system to MDX), the end up costing about the same.

Doing comparisons on Carsdirect.com and Edmunds.com shows that they are pretty equal in features. Additionally, we've test driven both in '03 models. The highlights in differences that are important to us that we've identified are:

+ Murano for CVT and resulting performance!
+ Murano for higher gas milage (20/24 vs 17/22)
+ Murano for HID headlights
+ Murano for slightly better front seat room
+ Murano for sporty look
+ Murano for rear-release on fold-flat seats.
+ Murano for slightly lower insurance premiums ($100/year)
+ Murano for longer drivetrain warranty (60/50k)

+ MDX for 3rd row seats. Not a requirement for us (no kiddies), but a convenience none the less.
+ MDX for voice-control & touch screen nav system.
+ MDX for rear-backup camera
+ MDX for predicted better value retention
+ MDX for better visibility to rear sides
+ MDX for better bumper-to-bumper warranty (48/50k)

Can anyone help with identifying other differences that we should consider?

·
Registered
10 Posts
MDX Comparision

I know what you are going thru.

I had a 2003 MDX on order with a December build, but once I drove the Murano, my choice was easy. I took deliverly of the Murano 12/11/02

My Muraon was equiped with all the packages except the Cold Package (there were already heated seats included with leather) and the sticker price was just over $37000. This was $3500 less than the MDX/Navi. and the dealer gave me $2000 more trade in on my RX300 then either Acura dealer would

Also with the above packages you are pricing with the Murano you don't have to purchase the add-ons like you would on the MDX (rear cargo cover and cargo mat)

Good luck, they are both great SUV's

·
Registered
19 Posts
More comparison items

+ Murano for:
adjustable pedals plus included w/ seat & outside mirrors memory positions
auto entry/exit seat positions
Recline flat passenger seat and somewhat flat on drivers seat
One-touch Reclining rear seats w/o removal of seat headrests from either seats or tailgate.
gee whiz "whatsAT" looks and comments like no other SUV
Narrower (74 vs 77 in.) to fit in the garage
18" wheels
dual a/c & heat controls in front and high a/c vents for rear.
multi-stop sunroof

More later

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dochs,

What base model Murano did you get? My wife and I are really preferring the SE AWD but they are few and far between down here in Texas. Nissan must think it is really as flat and dry as everyone things of Texas as being but that simply isn't the case where I live. :)

Went to a different dealer last night to test drive the SE AWD though it didn't come loaded like we want. Had their Internet Manager do a search for SE AWD with NAV and he came up empty within a 5 state region. :-( Either they're selling like hotcakes or Nissan isn't shipping that config down south.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts