Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is strange no one compared the Murano with the FX35. A nearly fully loaded Murano is only about $4000 less than a FX35. For a Murano SE FWD with popular package and VDC, it costs $33607. For a FX35 with Premium package, it costs $37490. At this option level, the only thing that the Murano has and the FX35 doesn't is the tire pressure monitor. However, in addition to Infiniti's prestige and better warranty, the FX offers 300watt, 11 speakers stereo system, power telescope wheel, heated seats, and instrumental panel moving with the wheel. Does this worth $4000? It probably depends on what you are looking for. Here is what I learned yesterday after driving the two.

1. Outside. The M-O looks bigger and still like a SUV, although a bit rounded. But the FX looks like a station wagon on a set of big wheel. Doesn't like a SUV anymore and looks strange.

2. The interior of M-O is definitely bigger than the FX, especially the rear seats and cargo area. Although the external overall size of FX is bigger, the cabin is very obviously smaller. The FX doesn't appear to be more luxury than the M-O, in my opinion. But has more toys.

3. Everyone knows that M-O is one of the best SUVs regarding handling, it is indeed very responsive, excellent acceleration and braking, and very smooth and comfy. The FX is faster than the M-O, but appears to be harsher also, you can certainly feel the road. I like the CVT better than the traditional tranny, even the engine has 280 hp.

Overall, I think the Murano is the best total value SUV on the market if you don’t need off-roading. It has the best combination of appearance, size, performance, luxury, comfy, and utility. FX has the best performance, but the appearance is too much for me and the utility is a little limited. So, I'm going to bring home a Murano.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My friend, you only need to test drive them both to understand that there is much more than meets the eye. The 280hp FX35 absolutely kicks ass. It is so quick and handles, well - exactly like a sports car. A station wagon with big wheels? Ouch. The closest comparison I can come up with is an Audi TT on steroids - and has 4 doors, hatchback, and a 350Z engine. A true cross-over Sports car/SUV hybrid.

Agreed, the FX looks are a bit outrageous, but wasn't that what drew us all to the Murano at first? The uniqueness of its looks compared to all other SUV's in its class? You can't get much more unique than the Murano, well except for an FX.

If you do get the chance to see an FX up close, you will immediately notice the huge difference in the quality of the interior and how everything is coordinated better in the Infiniti. The Murano does have more functional storage space and a roomier back seat. But oh my, the driver is rewarded much more so in the FX. Press that throttle and listen to that exhaust, and you'll know what I mean.

I love the Murano's styling and features. And was certainly in the market to buy one. But no Nissan dealer I talked to would think of coming down from the MSRP.

Your comparison of the well-equipped Murano to the FX35/Sport was pretty accurate. But one factor was way off. I got my FX35/Sport AWD yesterday for LESS than the Murano I had wanted. That's right, a $40K Infiniti purchased with VPP was discounted below the Murano. Nissan does not offer VPP on the Murano (nor 350Z or G35C).

I will be moving to the FreshAlloy site now, and will have to change my handle, which pretty much proves how long I have been looking at Murano and waiting for the right time to come. Nissan made the choice easy - thanks to its VPP.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I don't know how the FX35 is sold in the States, but the base FX 35 is $52,500 (CDN), $60,000 if you want the Touring Package!!!

The Murano is still in my mind, a better buy. The FX35/45 does not have CVT.

Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
wheeling said:
At this option level, the only thing that the Murano has and the FX35 doesn't is the tire pressure monitor.
Just to be accurate, there's alot of things the Murano has that the FX doesn't. Adjustable pedals is one thing that comes to mind.

I've test driven both, and both my wife and I honestly preferred the Murano. Enough so that we had no difficulty turning down immediate delivery, the better Infiniti service, and VPP participation.

Our Murano is still on order and we're getting antsy waiting for it! (BTW, our dealer agreed price is only about $200 over invoice price.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts