Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I assume you mean the Infiniti FX45 SUV? There may be a "FX35" model in 2005 that is smaller than the FX45, but that's all conjecture.

Besides the Infiniti site which has some glossy information on the FX45, detailed specs are hard to come by. The car won't be officially announced until January 6, 2003.

Here's a little more info, and quite a few pictures...
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Infiniti/Models/FX45/fx45.htm

The FX45 is based on the G35/Skyline platform, and thus approximately the same dimensions as the Altima-based Murano (112.2" wheelbase vs. 111.2" for Murano). But this car will have an outrageous 310hp 4.5L V8, with AWD, and 18 or 20" wheels.

It's still a 5 passenger car. No CVT in this thing - I doubt it could handle the V8.

I have no comment on quality comparisons.

Price? Don't know that either, but a Murano is $29,000-$37,500.
The FX45 will likely be well over $40,000 and even get into $50K territory.

And the styling- when I first saw the FX45 on the Infiniti site, I thought the front-end was really ugly - kind of like that hideous Isuzu Axiom. But the head-on shots in the URL above have changed my mind about its looks. And the svelte D-pillar definitely looks better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I mean FX35. you can place an order now with a dealer in Texas.
Check it out at http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=FX45

and thanks so much for your input...much appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I'll be - that was sure a surprise. No mention of an FX35 on the Infiniti web site under future models. Google search on "Infiniti FX35" turned up an old chart on FreshAlloy, and a snippet from the Chicago Tribune that said:

And the FX45 coming out in early '03 may be followed by a smaller FX35 by '05. ... and that's it!

That was the foundation of my naive reply re. the FX35. Man, that FX35 really deserves a closer look. Sorry Murano group - I may be spending a bit more time over at FreshAlloy...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Murano - FF-L platform, same as Altima and future Maxima and future Quest

FX45, FX35, G35 -- FM platform, derived from the Skyline.

In the future, Infiniti and Nissan will be separate, with not much sharing except engines.

I35 --- dead after 2004 models
QX4 -- dead after FX35 debuts...will be reincarnated in 2004, derived from the new Pathfinder platform being built, hopefully they won't be similar..like VW Touareg and Porsche Cayenne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts