Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my 2002 Alabaster White Mercedes ML320 on my 2003 Polished Pewter Nissan Murano SE.

Over all I like the Murano better, but don't think I will go with Nissan again.

For a little less money, I got about the same equipment level, a noiser interrior, but much more balanced ride and handeling; even though it "thumps" alot on bumpy roads compared to the Mercedes. Most of all I acquired bad customer support/service. Hopefully I won't need to go there very often in the next couple years.

I like the ride and balance of the Murano much better, but the ML320 was quieter, and didn't "bottom out" as frequently as the Murano. The ML320 also didn't have the "strut thump" that the Murano has either.

The HID Headlights on the Murano are weaker. Both cars have Bi-Xenon HID lights. The Murano has a thumb-wheel for height adjustment and the ML320 adjusts automatically.

The other disappointment is how much more expensive comparable parts are for the Nissan Murano to the Mercedes ML320.

The little plastic wheel cap is $25.00 for the Murano. What is that? A nicer metal one for my BMW is $3.75.

On a tail light, double the price of the ML320 light to have a Murano light.... That was an expensive purchase! Fortunately I don't need to buy parts very ofen.

The Murano is definately a great product for the money and the CVT transmission is absolutely superb! My Mo is much more fun to look at and spirited to drive too.

I think I am going to take a look at the BMW X3, X5 and Acura MDX next time. It will be a couple years, so maybe I will have more choices by then too....

·
4,601 Posts
I've got a great dealer and it makes a huge difference.

I agree the parts seem steep. Fog lamp, $225 CDN, which is probably about $175 US.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
A Girlfriend of mine has an ML

and in my opinion:

- Mo has better gas milage
- Interior of ML is better, but not mutch
- Trim and fit qualities of Murano is inferior to ML
- Mo engine and smoothness is better than ML
- Lookwise, MO is better IMHO.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I check my mileage every tank. I keep a fuel log. Always have. The Murano, on average, gets within .5 mpg of what I was getting in the ML320.... I actually expected more from the Murano, but I am not disappointed. I like the car alot, and it is less expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts