Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some are aware I am selling my stock Murano wheels down in the classified section.
Failing that, I will put them on Ebay.
The kids ought to be able to put them on most FWD cars if there is enuf clearance for 18s.

Of course I assumed that anybody that bought them here would use them on a Murano, Probably to keep winter tires on.

I know that these are 18"x7.5" wheels.
I also know that the lug patterm is 5x4.5 (114mm)
I also know (I think) that the hub is 67mm.

What I have not been able to find is the offset.

Anybody know what it is? Beyond doubt?

Or do you know where I can find out?

Homer

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry

I don't know what "offset" refers to. I thought that with the specs in your ad, a person could size the wheels.

I am debating whether to get a set of winter rims. Yours would be 5-spoke (mine are 6), and I would not want to buy a set of pressure sensors, so it would be a case of two trips per year to change tires vs two trips to mount tires (easier). The cost of the rims may well be the same as 8 bills for mounting, over 4 years.

Water got in my PF tires, which I mounted twice annually. PF wheels were less expensive, but so was the cost of mounting!

·
Registered
278 Posts
... and, of course...

driving with no sensors in winter vs. winter wear on the "other" wheels.

Checked with dealer: $18/wheel to install and balance new tires (may be incl. in price of tires, but only once, not every time). Probably the same in spring.

4 x $18 = $72. x twice/year = $144./year (Canuck bucks) x 4 years = $576. or so.

About the cost of a set of nice rims. Mounting wheels usually costs about $10. around here. When they see MO, they probably double that, but my "usual" mechanic can do it at some oil change or other.

At the rush times, it's probably easier to get an appointment to mount rims than to install and balance. No water in tires (if stored on rims).

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RF, here's what "offset" is.
It IS important when mounting Murano wheels on a different car.
Or mounting different wheels on a Murano for that matter.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/offset.htm

Homer

PS Glad I found it easily. I was wondering how I was gonna explain.
Lessee, you take a string and put it around the circumference of the tire exactly in the middle and then measure..........no, that won't do it........:rolleyes:
Just go to the URL and read it.:D

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, they came with a 35mm offset.
But the shop nor the distributor could affirm that the wheel was an "exact" replacement.
I eyeballed them and they "look right" but you can't see 2-3 mm. maybe not even 5mm.
For sales purposes, I would like to be accurate and be able to defend my position just in case there is a "dsicsussion" later.

Pix at 11/ Or sooner.

Homer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts