Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 Murano SL with only 21K miles on it. Changed the alternatot about 8 months ago, runs fine since then until today.

I went to local post office just a few miles away, everthing's fine. Came out, MO won't start. When I turned the key, I couldn't hear the starter to run. Still got power to radio and AC. So asked a friend to jump start. No problem. Came back and haven't dried to start again.

Is this an alternator problem? No lights came on when it heppened. I checked my battery and added DI water about 3 months ago. At the time the fluid level was still quite high. I check it again and there is still plenty of fluid today. So what is the problem? Can the battery be dead in less than 3 years? Has this happed to any one else?

Thanks

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Yes

We are "Lucky" to get 3 years out of a battery mounted in the engine compartment down here.

Don't know where you are located but driving, conditions, style, parking conditions, the poor charging that was done with the old alternator, etc. all take there toll on the poor battery.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I'm with Grip - sounds like your battery has finally given up the ghost.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Battery

We have the same problem here in Florida. I checked my battery today while I was trying to determine where the burning smell was coming from on my Mo. The Battery fluid level was way down. I have to stop and get some distilled water this morning or I may be in for an unwelcome surprise.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is indeed the battery!

I checked my MO today, Still can't start. So I got a new battery and starts fine. I guess living in Texas has its drawback. However, my old battery still has plenty of fluid, slgihtly above the "full" line. Can anyone tell me why the bettery is dead?

Tanks

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: Maintenance Free

Jonnee said:
Can we put maintenance free batteries in our vehicles?
Certainly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts